PARADISE, Calif. - A parade of flags lined the Skyway this Memorial Day, which is part of an annual Paradise tradition.
While the stretch of flags is smaller than before the Camp Fire, volunteers were able to put up 85 flags Monday morning.
Many volunteers, including help from the Daughters of the American Revolution, put up the flags along the road. They are still working on getting a new home to store the flags, though, according to a Facebook post.
They're also hoping to get back to the 1,100 hundred flags that once lined the roadway each Memorial Day and Veteran's Day.
- Paradise flag tradition carries on during Memorial Day
- Flags Placed on Paradise Veterans’ Graves to Commemorate Memorial Day
- Paradise receives replacement flags
- American Flags Vandalized on Memorial Day
- Paradise group looking for volunteers to place flags at veteran tombstones on Memorial Day
- Scouts Honor Veterans for Memorial Day with Gravesite Flags
- Camp Fire Memorial Was Held in Paradise
- North State Christmas Dinner Traditions
- Thousands of flags planted in Paradise to honor veterans.
- Paradise Celebrates Gold Nugget Days