BUTTE COUNTY, Calif. - On Thursday, the owners of a property in Paradise took one step closer to moving back home.
They are one of the first to break ground here after the Camp Fire.
“We’re looking at we may be home by the time the one year anniversary comes from the fire and we will be able to have Christmas at home,” said Victoria Sinclaire, a property owner in Paradise.
Sinclaire said she did go through a private company for the debris removal and using a private contractor was quicker than using the government.
“Once we hired them it took I think a few weeks to get the form to send to Butte County to even get it approved," she said. "Then they came up and they had our lot cleared within I think three days.”
After that, they had to do more soil tests and get more permits and then submit another package for completion.
“So it’s been a lot of hurry up and wait and lists," she said. "Then working with insurance, that’s had its own difficulties with having to work on such a mass scale.”
It was an exciting day for the contractor building Sinclaire’s house as well.
“It’s the first one for our company, and we plan on having Victoria in here by September if not sooner,” said Ken Blanton, owner of Integrity Builders.
Integrity Builders and Integrity Remodeling and Restoration and has been a contractor here since 1993.
“Our business burned down and we were able to like establish another business across from K Mart and by a little building there and we are up and running," Blanton said. "We have like 11 houses we have four houses in plan check right now that should be popping out.”
Sinclaire said she is thankful for Blanton and just ready to be back home.
“I can see it and I can feel home here I can be at peace and so can my family,” she said.
Both Blanton and Sinclaire say they are excited to watch the progress of the City of Paradise.
Blanton said he wants to get at least eight or 9 of the houses he is working on done by November 8.
- Paradise family breaks ground on rebuilding project
- Rebuilding progress in Paradise
- Caltrans breaks ground on Interstate 5 project
- University Students update Reimagining and Rebuilding Paradise project
- First Paradise rebuild permit issued to family of 3
- Caltrans breaks ground on Highway 70 safety project
- Paradise Town Council Gets Rebuilding Status Update
- Rebuilding Paradise after the Camp Fire
- Rebuilding Paradise: Town Council Member gives update
- Town of Paradise issues first rebuild permit