SAN FRANCISCO, Calif. - The Paradise and Corning High School baseballs teams played in San Francisco Saturday, March. 16, 2019 at Oracle Park. The game was part of a youth baseball double header.
The Paradise Bobcats looked right at home in the Giant's dugout. Ryan Branson drew the start against their league rival team from Corning.
The Giants wanted to give the Paradise players a little pick-me-up, knowing most of the students lost their family homes in the Camp Fire.
Corning High School ended up winning the exhibition game.
CHICO, Calif. - Saturday the Paradise High School baseball team get to play Corning High in a professional Bay Area stadium.
They will be played in San Francisco at Oracle Park during the 14th annual Dante Benedetti Classic.
The game is a double-header. The Paradise school team was added to the bill as a special gift to the high school players who lost so much during the Camp Fire.
At noon San Francisco's St. Ignatius College Prep and Sacred Heart Cathedral Prep will play. Then at 4:00 p.m. Paradise High will play Corning High.
There is no charge for the game between the Paradise and Corning baseball teams. The prior game between St. Ignatius and Sacred Heart Cathedral has a $15 fee.
The annual competition serves as a youth sports fundraiser for the Dante Boys Foundation. The late Dante Benedetti was a native of San Francisco. He was famous for coaching the USF baseball team for 29 years. He also owned a popular Bay Area restaurant.
The Giants added the game between Paradise and Corning high school teams in order to lift the spirits of the players who have had to experience the devastation of the Camp Fire in November.
- Paradise and Corning baseball teams play in SF Saturday
- SF Gay Men's Chorus Camp Fire Benefit Concert Yields $15K
- Corning Police Investigating Homicide
- Riverhawks Deliver 9K for Paradise Baseball
- Encore Paradise! Variety Show is Saturday
- Sacramento Kings Honor Paradise Basketball Teams
- Recycling Plant Fire in Corning
- Corning Women Arrested in Vacaville
- Paradise Woman Turns 100 Years Old, Celebrates with Family in Corning
- Eagle Scout beautifies Chico baseball field to welcome Paradise players