PARADISE, Calif. - Action News Now continues to provide the latest updates on recovery and rebuilding in the Town of Paradise.
Upcoming Meetings & Events
Evacuation Planning Public Workshop
- When: Thursday, July 15, 2021, at 6 p.m.
- Where: 5555 Skyway and online: https://bit.ly/3qQ1aAi
- 1,802 Building Permit Applications Received
- 1,642 Building Permits issued
- 923 Homes Rebuilt (certificate of occupancy issued)
- 335 Multi-Family Permit Applications Received
- 317 Multi-Family Permits Issued
- 166 Multi-Family Permits Rebuilt (certificate of occupancy issued)
Government Hazard Tree Removal Update (as of July 8, 2021)
- Paradise Business Spotlight: Every week we will spotlight a business in Paradise to encourage shopping locally and supporting economic recovery in Paradise–and maybe uncover a business you haven’t heard of before. This week, they focus on Paradise Sports Cards & Memorabilia makes buying collector cards fun and easy on the Ridge. The shop stocks baseball, football and basketball cards as well as the newest hobby box releases. They also have all the new releases of Pokémon cards. Keep an eye out on their website for the next raffle/trade day. The business is located at 5913 Clark Road Suite F, Paradise. Call (530) 413-9242 for more information or visit their Facebook page.
- The Farmhouse Building Plan Now Available At Rebuild Paradise Foundation A three-bedroom, two-bath, 1440 square foot home plan is available with or without a garage and has a wraparound porch. Master-planned homes hosted by the Rebuild Paradise Foundation are for use within the Camp Fire footprint. Visit this link to see details of this plan, explore other designs, and learn if the master planning process is for you.
- Design Standards Public Workshop Thursday, July 15 at 6 p.m. Design Standards for Skyway and Clark Road in Paradise are being analyzed through the Transportation Master Plan that is underway. The third planned public workshop is scheduled for July 15. It will focus on potential updates to the existing design standards on those roadways. The meeting will be hosted virtually and will be recorded for posting on the Town website. Optional in-person attendance will also be hosted at Town Hall at 5555 Skyway. For more information, and a full schedule of workshops, click here.
- Adventist Health “Walk with a Doc” Saturday, July 17 at 10 a.m., Paradise Community Park Adventist Health offers Walk with a Doc the third weekend of every month. For July, enjoy a stroll with Justin Martinson, DC who will be talking about Pelvis and Spine care. This is in collaboration with Adventist Health and North Valley Chiropractic. It will also be live on the Paradise Stronger Facebook page.
- Paradise Elks Lodge 2026 Purple Pig Blueberry Pancake Breakfast, July 24, 8 a.m. to 11 a.m. Supports disabled children with unmet needs. Held at the RV Clubhouse in Paradise. Contact (530) 877-3977
- Urgency Interim Housing Ordinance: Temporary RVs: On 5/11/2021, the Town of Paradise Town Council voted to extend the Urgency Interim Housing Ordinance. This vote extends the timeframe of the urgency ordinance and temporary occupancy
permits as follows: A permit for the temporary dwelling was extended until September 30, 2021. At this time, an
extension may be approved provided evidence that one of the following conditions are met: a residential rebuild permit issued or applied for, contract with a Designer/ Contractor/ Manufactured Home Dealer or working with the Town / State regarding a Housing Program. An approved extension is good until December 21, 2021. Learn more here.
- Free Residential Green Waste Disposal Program: The Butte County Landfill will be providing up to 10 free days for green waste drop-off for residents living in the Wildland Urban Interface (Town of Paradise is included). The f last date will be July 22 from 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. This is a pilot program that will be running through November 2021 with additional dates to be announced in the future. Residents will need to show identification and proof of residency. For more information on this program, click here or contact (530) 345-4917 (select #5) or email firstname.lastname@example.org. A map of the area can be found here.
- Community Development Survey: The Town of Paradise will receive $122,276 in grant funding from the U.S. Department of
Housing and Urban Development (HUD) to support the Community Development Block Grant (CDBG), which will help to address affordable housing and community development needs. Program activities must meet at least one of three national objectives outlined by the HUD. Activities must benefit low-to-moderate income persons/households; prevent or eliminate slums or blight and/or an emergency need that poses a serious and immediate threat to the health or welfare of the community. The survey should take 5-10 minutes. Your responses are completely anonymous. Click here to take the survey.
- Party in the Park Returns now - Aug. 4: The Paradise Ridge Chamber of Commerce has announced the return of this well-loved summer event. Party in the Park Music & Marketplace is a seasonal tradition of local pride and community vitality in the historic heart of Paradise. With its Farmers’ Market, Kids’ Zone, talented bands and performers, arts, crafts, local organizations, and eclectic products, Party in the Park is a celebration of all that makes us Paradise. Booth applications and full information are available online - click here. Event information can be found on the Chamber website. For sponsorship information, contact Monica@ParadiseChamber.com.
- Funding Options for those Rebuilding after the Camp Fire
- Grants Up to $200,000 Available for those Rebuilding after the Camp Fire The California Department of Housing and Community Development (HCD) recently announced the Disaster Housing Assistance Survey for survivors of the 2018 wildfire disasters is now open. Homes damaged or destroyed by the Camp Fire may be eligible for up to $200,000; and low- to moderate-income households will receive priority. If you are a disaster survivor and wish to see if you qualify for the ReCoverCA OwnerOccupied Housing Rehabilitation and Reconstruction Program (OOR Program), start by taking the 2018 Disaster Housing Assistance survey available at https://recover.hcd.ca.gov/. If you need assistance with the survey, contact Butte County OOR Case Managers Brittney Murray or Glen Johnson at (916) 202-1764.
- Up to $150,000 in low-interest, deferred Loans for homeowners (can be used even if insurance funds and/or FEMA funds have been spent) The Town of Paradise offers deferred, low-interest loans to low and moderate-income households rebuilding after the Camp Fire. For more information on eligibility and how to apply, click here or call the Town’s Housing Department at (530) 872-6291 x122.
- Home Builders Resource Connection Online Plan Room The Rebuild Paradise Foundation (RPF) and Valley Contractors Exchange (VCE) have partnered to launch Home Builders Resource Connection Online Plan Room. It is a free tool intended to connect the dots between those looking to rebuild after the devastating fires Butte County has experienced in 2018 and 2020 and contractors that can perform this work. To learn more about the Online Plan Room, click here or contact VCE at (530) 343-1981.
- Town Hall and the Building Resiliency Center Open by Appointment: Due to the change to the purple Tier in Butte County, Town Hall and the BRC are open by appointment only. Please call (530) 872-6291 for existing appointments or to schedule a new appointment. Below are the extensions for assistance: Business and Housing x126 or x130 Code Enforcement x110 Finance Department x121 Tree Advocates x162 or x163 Building Resiliency Center x411 General Information x101
- Have questions regarding your rebuild? Rebuild Advocates are here to help: If you need help navigating the rebuild process, the Town of Paradise has Rebuild Advocates available to assist. They can help with the following: Navigating insurance, FEMA or SBA, understanding additional financing options, selecting a contractor, submitting plants, or any part of the rebuild process. They are available at the Building Resiliency Center by appointment only. Please call 530.872.6291 x429 x430 to make an in-person (depending on COVID status) or phone appointment today.
- Shop Local Online Paradise Ridge Marketplace Available: The Paradise Ridge Chamber of Commerce has provided the Paradise Ridge Marketplace to keep your shopping local. Purchase some of your favorite Ridge items, such as Ridge Rising apparel and other fun member products. New items are added frequently. Learn more here.