PARADISE, Calif. - Action News Now continues to provide the latest updates on recovery and rebuilding in the Town of Paradise.
Upcoming Meetings & Events
Paradise Town Council Meeting
- When: Tuesday, May 11, 2021, at 6 p.m.
- Where: Online: http://bit.ly/2JKOp8P
Community Information Meeting
- When: Tuesday, June 1, 2021, at 6 p.m.
- Where: TBD
- 1,618 Building Permit Applications Received
- 1,471 Building Permits issued
- 753 Homes Rebuilt (certificate of occupancy issued)
- 307 Multi-Family Permit Applications Received
- 299 Multi-Family Permits Issued
- 125 Multi-Family Permits Rebuilt (certificate of occupancy issued)
Government Hazard Tree Removal Update (as of April 14, 2021)
- Party in the Park Returns June 16-Aug. 4: The Paradise Ridge Chamber of Commerce has announced the return of this well-loved summer event. Party in the Park Music & Marketplace is a seasonal tradition of local pride and community vitality in the historic heart of Paradise. With its Farmers’ Market, Kids’ Zone, talented bands and performers, arts, crafts, local organizations, and eclectic products, Party in the Park is a celebration of all that makes us Paradise. Booth applications and full information are available online - click here. Event information can be found on the Chamber website. For sponsorship information, contact Monica@ParadiseChamber.com
- Gold Nugget Days Parade and Other Events Happening in Paradise This Weekend: The Gold Nugget Days Parade will take place on Saturday, April 24th, from 12 p.m. to 1 p.m. Paradise is planned to take the traditional route of Skyway – Holiday Market to the Paradise Community Park. Also happening is the Paradise Gem and Mineral Show and the 62nd & 63rd Annual Donkey Derby. Learn more
- View Mural Painting at Skyway Antique Mall: Starting May 1st, drive-by or walk to the Skyway Antique Mall at 6118 Skyway to view a mural being painted. This is a collaboration of over 20 local artists from all ages. The design was created by local artist Steve Ferchaud and will be painted over the months of May and June with a grand reveal upon completion. Click here to learn more.
- Ready Racoon Video Premiere: In preparation for wildfire season, Butte County FireSafe Council and Paradise Ridge FireSafe Council invited Wildfire Ready Raccoon out from his log to star in a video on fire prevention for kids and families. The video launched today and can be viewed on YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, and TikTok.
- Paradise Business Spotlight: Every week the Town will spotlight a business in Paradise to encourage shopping locally and
supporting economic recovery in Paradise – and maybe uncover a business you haven’t heard of before! This week the town is focusing on Animal Hospital on the Ridge. Animal Hospital on the Ridge provides reliable, compassionate care for your pets, right here on the Ridge. This full service animal hospital manages medical, surgical, and dental issues, and offers specialty treatments like veterinary chiropractic and acupuncture services as well. Animal Hospital on the Ridge is committed to helping you keep your pets healthy year-round. You may schedule an appointment today by calling (530) 877-3000. 1509 Wagstaff Rd., Paradise; hours may vary.
- Make a Difference Day in Paradise on April 30 and May 1: Join the Ridge community as they focus on cleaning the major roadways and parks on the Ridge. Love Paradise is hosting Make a Difference Day on April 30th and May 1st. Learn more
- The schedule of events includes:
• 8:30 am - Drive-thru registration and task assignment at Paradise Community Park.
• 9:00 am - Disperse to group projects.
• 12:00 pm - Meet back at Paradise Community Park for a free drive-thru sack lunch.
- The schedule of events includes:
- Town of Paradise Local Census Survey: The Town of Paradise is asking residents for their input on a local census survey, which was mailed to Paradise residents this week. With the assistance of Rural Community AssistanceCorporation (RCAC), the Town of Paradise is conducting this local census survey with the sole purpose of gathering demographic data that can be used by the Town when applying for federal, state, and local grants that will help us rebuild our community.
- Funding Options for those Rebuilding after the Camp Fire
- Grants Up to $200,000 Available for those Rebuilding after the Camp Fire The California Department of Housing and Community Development (HCD) recently announced the Disaster Housing Assistance Survey for survivors of the 2018 wildfire disasters is now open. Homes damaged or destroyed by the Camp Fire may be eligible for up to $200,000; and low- to moderate-income households will receive priority. If you are a disaster survivor and wish to see if you qualify for the ReCoverCA OwnerOccupied Housing Rehabilitation and Reconstruction Program (OOR Program), start by taking the 2018 Disaster Housing Assistance survey available at https://recover.hcd.ca.gov/. If you need assistance with the survey, contact Butte County OOR Case Managers Brittney Murray or Glen Johnson at (916) 202-1764.
- Up to $150,000 in low-interest, deferred Loans for homeowners (can be used even if insurance funds and/or FEMA funds have been spent) The Town of Paradise offers deferred, low-interest loans to low and moderate income households rebuilding after the Camp Fire. For more information on eligibility and how to apply, click here or call the Town’s Housing Department at (530) 872-6291 x122.
- SURVEY: Disaster Housing Assistance Survey for Eligible Homeowners: ReCoverCA wants to help eligible homeowners repair or rebuild their homes affected by the Camp Fire. The California Department of Housing and Community Development (HCD) is pleased to announce the availability of the 2018 Disaster Housing Assistance Survey for victims of the 2018 wildfire disasters. If you or someone you know is interested in rebuilding a singlefamily home or replacing a manufactured home as a result of a 2017 or 2018 qualifying disaster, ReCoverCA may be able to help.
- To see if you qualify to participate in the ReCoverCA Owner-Occupied Housing Rehabilitation
and Reconstruction Program, please take the 2018 Disaster Housing Assistance survey.
- Temporary Closure of Dogtown Road for Hazard Tree Removal Operations: Dogtown Road will have a full road closure between Cedar Lake Drive and Skyway with no thru traffic from Wednesday, April 14th until Monday, April 26th from 7 a.m. until 5 p.m. Monday through Saturday. The closure is necessary to perform Hazard Tree Removal Operations.
- Temporary Road Closure of New Skyway for Hazard Tree Removal Operations: New Skyway will have a full road closure between Pentz Road and Coutolenc Road, with no thru traffic. The plan calls for daily closures from 7:00 AM to 5:00 PM beginning Thursday, April 29, until Wednesday, May 19, 2021. The closure is necessary to perform Hazard Tree Removal
- Paradise Recreation and Park District Celebrate Earth Day with Art Pop-Up Event: The Paradise Recreation and Park District is celebrating Earth Day with an Art Pop-Up Event held at Terry Ashe Recreation Center. The April 22, 2021 event will run from 3 to 5 p.m. and in keeping with COVID restrictions, the outdoor event will have a drop-in approach. Participants will be able to contribute art with “upcycling” of reusable materials on their own schedule. Learn more at www.paradiseprpd.com.
- PG&E Assistance at the Building Resiliency Center: 1st and 3rd Tues. 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. PG&E representatives will be on-site to answer questions and provide assistance to residents at the Building Resiliency Center (BRC) on the first and third Tuesday of each month from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- New Web Page on Transportation Infrastructure Recovery Efforts: The Town of Paradise continues to post additional information, news, and updates on its redesigned website, which was unveiled in March. Most recently, a new page dedicated to the transportation infrastructure recovery efforts has been added to the Recovery & Rebuilding section. The page features detailed information about the development of the Town’s Transportation Master Plan (TMP), which is currently underway, as well as a form to provide feedback on the TMP or other transportation-related projects. Information on future public workshops, and how to register to attend, will be posted on the page as events are scheduled. Additional project updates and materials will also be posted as they become available. Click here to visit the page.
- Thinking of opening a business in Paradise? The Town of Paradise offers Business Development meetings for prospective business owners to go over the process of opening a business in Paradise. Call Colette Curtis at (530) 872-6291 x112 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an appointment.
- Shop Local Online: Paradise Ridge Marketplace Available The Paradise Ridge Chamber of Commerce has provided the Paradise Ridge Marketplace to keep your shopping local. Purchase some of your favorite Ridge items, such as Ridge Rising apparel and other fun member products. New items are added frequently. Learn more at www.ShopParadiseRidge.com.
- Town Hall and the Building Resiliency Center Open by Appointment: Due to the change to the purple Tier in Butte County, Town Hall and the BRC are open by appointment only. Please call (530) 872-6291 for existing appointments or to schedule a new appointment. Below are the extensions for assistance: Business and Housing x126 or x130 Code Enforcement x110 Finance Department x121 Tree Advocates x162 or x163 Building Resiliency Center x411 General Information x101
- Have questions regarding your rebuild? Rebuild Advocates are here to help: If you need help navigating the rebuild process, the Town of Paradise has Rebuild Advocates available to assist. They can help with the following: Navigating insurance, FEMA or SBA, understanding additional financing options, selecting a contractor, submitting plants, or any part of the rebuild process. They are available at the Building Resiliency Center by appointment only. Please call 530.872.6291 x429 x430 to make an in-person (depending on COVID status) or phone appointment today.
- Launch of the Home Builders Resource Connection Online Plan Room: The Rebuild Paradise Foundation (RPF) and Valley Contractors Exchange (VCE) have partnered to launch Home Builders Resource Connection Online Plan Room! This FREE tool is
intended to connect the dots between those looking to rebuild after the devastating fires Butte County has experienced in 2018 and 2020 and contractors that can perform this work. To learn more about the Online Plan Room, click here or contact VCE at (530) 343-1981.