PARADISE, Calif. - Paradise Town Councilwoman, Jody Jones said they have clarified some things in their emergency ordinance, about temporary RV camping. "At this point in the process, you have to have power and sewer hookups. You cannot dry camp anymore," according to Jody Jones.
The first annual Butte County Museum Weekend is set for Feb. 20 and March 1. This event was created to promote and celebrate history, art, and culture through Butte County's museums and cultural centers. All participating locations will be open from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday. This event is free to the public.
- 1,476 water advisories lifted
- 801 building permit applications received
- 45 homes rebuilt (certificate of occupancy issued)
- 576 building permits issued
- 30 properties with standing homes are left to be tested. PID said it expects to complete all testing to all standing homes by March 2020.
Home Builders Resource Connection: On Friday, Feb. 28, those looking to build in Butte County have a chance to speak with local agencies, realtors, architects, general contractors, lenders, insurance agents and more. This is a free event.
Business Outreach Forum: Hosted by the Paradise Ridge Chamber of Commerce with partner agencies, all local businesses are invited to attend the “Together We Rise” Ridge Business Forum. This will be at the Paradise Lutheran Church at 780 Luther Drive on Wednesday, Feb. 12 from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
Rebuild Advocates at Building Resiliency Center: Those rebuilding in Butte County have help at the Building Resiliency Center. Advocates are on hand to help people through the process, including helping with unresolved insurance issues. They can also help guide residents through the financial resources available to make rebuilding more affordable such as help people apply for loans and connect with contractors. You may call 530-872-6291 ext. 130 to schedule an appointment.
23rd Annual Valley Contractors Exchange Crab Feed: A bigger space for a bigger party. All-You-Can-Eat Crab, Shelly’s Famous Clam Chowder, Snapshots Photo Booth and Cigars on the House! Back again this year is Dog House for your musical enjoyment. Come enjoy a wonderful night.
Thinking about rebuilding? Rebuild Paradise, Paradise Chamber of Commerce, Butte College, Paradise Realtors Association, Chico Builders Association, and Valley Contractors Exchange invite you to join them Friday, Feb. 28 from 3 to 6 p.m. at the Paradise Alliance Church for the Home Builders Resource Connection. This is a special opportunity to connect with local agencies, realtors, architects, general contractors, lenders, insurance agents and more. This event is free to the public. The address of the event is 6491 Clark Road
Tree Removal: The Paradise Town Council and the Butte County Board of Supervisors passed ordinances requiring the removal of hazard trees damaged by the Camp Fire from private property that may fall into public roadways. Property owners may enter the Government Tree Program to have the trees removed by the State at no out-of-pocket cost. Enrollment in the Government Tree Program requires a Right-of Entry form.
Property owners may also identify and remove hazard trees themselves but must submit an inspection form so an inspector may verify the removal of the hazard trees from the property. Property owners may also call the Tree ROE Center directly at (530) 552-3030 or submit Tree ROEs by email at TreeROE@buttecounty.net. The Tree ROE is available for download online at www.ButteCountyRecovers.org/treeremoval. ROE forms may also be picked up at the Tree ROE Centers when they open. An ROE Center will be open at the Butte County Library's Paradise Branch Community Room on 5922 Clark Road, Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 pm.
- The Cleaning Connection is now open: Tuesday and Thursday from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. Located at 7515 Skyway
- Jen’s Place, Ribbon Cutting: Thursday, Feb. 13 at 5:30 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. - 7126 Skyway
Upcoming Meetings & Events
PID Regular Meeting
- When: Wednesday, Feb. 19, 6:30 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- Where: PID Boardroom, 6332 Clark Road
Home Builders Resource Connection
- When: Friday. Feb. 28, 3 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- Where: Paradise Alliance Church Gym, 6491 Clark Road
Business Outreach Forum
- When: Wednesday, Feb. 12, 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
- Where: Paradise Lutheran Church, 780 Luther Drive
Butte County Museum Weekend
- When: Saturday, Feb. 29 and Sunday, March 1, from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Where: Locations throughout Butte County
“Fridays for Lunch” Free Lunch
- When: Fridays, noon to 1:30 p.m.
- Where: Paradise Lutheran Church, 780 Luther Drive
Paradise Community Dinner
- When: Thursdays, 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- Where: Paradise Alliance Church, 6491 Clark Road
- Paradise Rebuilding and Recovery: Over 800 building permit applications received
- Paradise Rebuilding and Recovery: The town is on track to receive 500 building permit applications
- Paradise Rebuilding and Recovery: Over 500 building permits issued
- Paradise Rebuilding and Recovery: Town exceeds rebuild application goal
- Paradise Rebuilding and Recovery: The Town is on track to receive 500 building applications by the end of the year
- Town of Paradise issues first rebuild permit
- Paradise Rebuilding and Recovery: Paradise hired new Disaster Recovery Manager
- Paradise Rebuilding and Recovery: 'A feeling of normalcy in Paradise'
- First Paradise rebuild permit issued to family of 3
- Rebuilding progress in Paradise