Paradise Rebuilding and Recovery: Over 200 homes rebuilt

The Town of Paradise continues to make gains as it works to rebuild and recover after the Camp Fire. Disaster Recovery Manager, Katie Simmons, spoke with Action News Now Linda Watkins-Bennett with what you need to know.

Posted: Jun 24, 2020 12:30 PM

PARADISE, Calif. - The Town of Paradise continues to make gains as it works to rebuild and recover after the Camp Fire. Disaster Recovery Manager, Katie Simmons, spoke with Action News Now Linda Watkins-Bennett with what you need to know.

Paradise officially hit the 200 mark on the number of homes rebuilt that received a certificate of occupancy.

Also just in time as the heat rolls into the North State, Paradise pools are now open.

As of June 22, Paradise Parks and Recreation announced pools are open for swim lessons and aqua aerobics. With proper coronavirus cleanliness and safety restrictions in place, Click Here for a full schedule.

Statistics Update

  • 1,043 Building Permit Applications Received
  • 894 Building Permits issued
  • 207 Homes Rebuilt (certificate of occupancy issued)

Other Updates

  • Free masks available to Ridge businesses: Masks are available for free at the Paradise Ridge Chamber of Commerce to Ridge businesses. It's a joint effort from the North Valley Community Foundation and Feather River Health Foundation. Call 530-877-9356 or stop by 6161 Clark Road #1 to pick up masks. Hours are Monday through Friday from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. and delivery is available.
  • COVID-19 Meal Service: Paradise Unified School District is launching its COVID-19 Meal Service Plan on June 5. The plan will run until Aug. 7 and is available to all kids 18 and under. Meals are distributed on Monday through Friday. Each child will receive two days worth of breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Click Here for times and locations, or call Tanya Harter at 530-720-5552.
  • Help Keep Paradise Fire Safe: If you own a lot in Paradise, it is your responsibility to maintain it. If you need help clearing your lot of weeds and brush, you can contact a local company who can do the work for you. Find a list of companies with Paradise Business Licenses, ​HERE​.
  • ROEs and Inspection Access Forms: The Butte County ROE Center is still accepting ROEs and Inspection Access Forms. ​Inspections are scheduled to begin in mid-June and tree felling is scheduled to begin in July. Download your ROE or inspection Access form HERE. You can mail the form to 205 Mira Loma Dr., Ste 50, Oroville CA 95965 or email it to ​​. For questions, call the Tree ROE Information line at (530) 552-3030.
  • Rebuild Advocates: Rebuild advocates are available at the BRC to residents of the Town of Paradise and Butte County to help navigate the process of rebuilding and be on hand to help guide people through the rebuilding process. They can also help guide residents through the financial resources available to make rebuilding more affordable such as help people apply for loans and connect with contractors. You may call 530-872-6291 ext. 411 to schedule an appointment.
  • Hazardous Tree Removal: Hazard trees that could fall on a public or private road are required to be removed. Property owners may enter the Government Tree Program to have the trees removed by the State at no out-of-pocket cost. Enrollment in the Government Tree Program requires a Right-of Entry form. Property owners may also identify and remove hazard trees themselves but must submit an inspection form so an inspector may verify the removal of the hazard trees from the property. Property owners may also call the Tree ROE Center directly at (530) 552-3030 or submit Tree ROEs by email at The Tree ROE is available for download online, HERE. ROE forms may also be picked up at the Tree ROE Center at the Building Resiliency Center at 6295 Skyway in Paradise.

Town FAQ

  • I’ve been told that you would help me get a loan to rebuild my house. How
    much is available?
    • Programs are available to assist homeowners, who lost their home in the Camp Fire,
      to rebuild. The amount of assistance varies by household depending on their financial
      situation. Contact a Rebuild Advocate to learn how these programs can help you. (530)
      872-6291 x429 or x430, or
  • Can I live on my property in an RV?
    • Starting January 1, 2021, you may live on your property in an RV only if your house
      is under construction or you are actively in a rebuild process. You will need an active
      building permit (not just a temporary use permit) to live in an RV on the property. RVs are
      not meant to be permanent housing. If you need help with financial resources to rebuild
      or with the rebuilding process, our Rebuild Advocates are here to help. Contact them at
      (530) 872-6291 x429 or x420 or and



    63° wxIcon
    Hi: 67° Lo: 41°
    Feels Like: 63°
    Partly Cloudy
    62° wxIcon
    Hi: 64° Lo: 50°
    Feels Like: 62°
    63° wxIcon
    Hi: 63° Lo: 51°
    Feels Like: 63°
    62° wxIcon
    Hi: 55° Lo: 24°
    Feels Like: 62°
    Red Bluff
    62° wxIcon
    Hi: 66° Lo: 38°
    Feels Like: 62°
    63° wxIcon
    Hi: 65° Lo: 41°
    Feels Like: 63°
    Grab your jacket and and give yourself extra time to get where you're going Friday morning. We have brisk temperatures and areas of dense fog across northern California early today. Sunny skies and warm temperatures are ahead for the rest of your Friday and this weekend. Cooling down with the chance for showers early next week.
    KHSL Severe
    KHSL Radar
    KHSL Temperatures

    Community Events