PARADISE, Calif. - Action News Now continues to provide the latest updates on recovery and rebuilding in the Town of Paradise.
Upcoming Meetings & Events
- Sewer Regionalization Project Advisory Committee Meeting
- When: Monday, March 8, 2021, at 1 p.m.
- Where: The meeting will be virtual. A link to the meeting has yet to be determined.
- Paradise Town Council Meeting
- When: Tuesday, March 9, 2021, at 6 p.m.
- Where: Online
- Community Information Meeting
- 1,515 Building Permit Applications Received
- 1,363 Building Permits issued
- 655 Homes Rebuilt (certificate of occupancy issued)
- 301 Multi-Family Permit Applications Received
- 283 Multi-Family Permits Issued
- 92 Multi-Family Permits Rebuilt (certificate of occupancy issued)
Government Hazard Tree Removal Update (as of Feb. 24, 2021)
- Paradise Business Spotlight: Every week the Town will spotlight a business in Paradise to encourage shopping locally and
supporting economic recovery in Paradise – and maybe uncover a business you haven’t heard of before! This week the town is focusing on Heavenly Herbs and Acupuncture. Heavenly Herbs and Acupuncture, office of Sheryl Sanchez, L.Ac., has reopened at 8093 Skyway, Paradise. With 20 years of experience in Integrative Medicine, Traditional Chinese Medicine and Naturopathy,
Sheryl treats a variety of conditions and offers a complete herbal pharmacy. More information about Sheryl and the modalities she utilizes can be found at www.heavenly-herbs.com or by calling (530) 877-7003.
- Sewer Regionalization Project Advisory Committee meets on March 8, 2021: The first meeting of the Sewer Regionalization Project Advisory Committee has been scheduled for March 8, 2021. The meeting will be held virtually, a link to attend will be made available prior to the meeting. The purpose of this committee is to facilitate discussion on the progress of the Sewer Project’s Environmental Impact Report (EIR) and prepare principles of the agreement for a potential regional wastewater connection agreement. The Mayor and Vice Mayor of the Town of Paradise and the Mayor and Vice Mayor of the City of Chico have been appointed to this committee which will be hosted and facilitated by the State Water Resources Control Board. Public participation will be virtual through a link to be provided prior to the meeting.
- PG&E Assistance at the Building Resiliency Center: 1st and 3rd Tues. 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. PG&E representatives will be on-site to answer questions and provide assistance to residents at the Building Resiliency Center (BRC) on the first and third Tuesday of each month from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- Transportation Master Plan - Work Underway: Work has begun on the Transportation Master Plan, an Economic Development Administration (EDA) funded study which will conduct a holistic analysis of the Paradise transportation network and will outline gaps in infrastructure, conflicts, pinch points, and other barriers to potential future evacuation events. As a result of this work, Paradise residents will see more crews assessing roadways in Town over the next several months. Motorists are advised to use caution when driving through work areas for their own safety and that of the work crews. A strategic plan to address road safety projects is expected by early March 2022
- National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) Presentation on Feb. 27: In response to the Camp Fire, NIST deployed a team of investigators from their Wildland-Urban Interface (WUI) group to conduct an initial reconnaissance of the Camp Fire. The team embarked on a multi-year study of the Camp Fire including the reconstruction of the fire progression timeline, as well as aspects of the evacuation, emergency notification and fire suppression/structure protection. You are invited to join their public presentation of their findings on Saturday February 27th, 2021 at 10 a.m. This is a virtual presentation that can be accessed online, CLICK HERE.
- Gold Nugget Days Last Weekend in April 2021: Save the date for traditional activities celebrating the Gold Nugget Days in the Town of Paradise, currently scheduled for the end of April 2021. Stay tuned for more details from the Gold Nugget Museum.
- Trauma-Informed Fire Education and Journaling Workshop: In partnership, Paradise Recreation and Park District (PRPD) and the Butte County Fire Safe Council are presenting an interactive workshop on Trauma-Informed Fire Education and Journaling. This will be available on March 23-25, 2021 and registration is available on PRPD’s and Butte County Fire Safe Council Facebook pages. This workshop will integrate traumainformed perspectives into field and nature journaling practices that will be used to build awareness and understanding of fire on the landscape.
- Thinking of opening a business in Paradise? The Town of Paradise offers Business Development meetings for prospective business owners to go over the process of opening a business in Paradise. Call Colette Curtis at (530) 872-6291 x112 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an appointment.
- Town Hall and the Building Resiliency Center Open by Appointment: Due to the change to the purple Tier in Butte County, Town Hall and the BRC are open by appointment only. Please call (530) 872-6291 for existing appointments or to schedule a new appointment. Below are the extensions for assistance: Business and Housing x126 or x130 Code Enforcement x110 Finance Department x121 Tree Advocates x162 or x163 Building Resiliency Center x411 General Information x101
- Have questions regarding your rebuild? Rebuild Advocates are here to help: If you need help navigating the rebuild process, the Town of Paradise has Rebuild Advocates available to assist. They can help with the following: Navigating insurance, FEMA or SBA, understanding additional financing options, selecting a contractor, submitting plants, or any part of the rebuild process. They are available at the Building Resiliency Center by appointment only. Please call 530.872.6291 x429 x430 to make an in-person (depending on COVID status) or phone appointment today.