PARADISE, Calif. - Action News Now continues to provide the latest updates on recovery and rebuilding in the Town of Paradise.
Upcoming Meetings & Events
Town Council Meeting
- When: Tuesday, Aug. 10, 2021, at 6 p.m.
- Where: 5555 Skyway and online: https://bit.ly/3iwn47H
Bicycling and walking network public workshop
- When: Thursday, Aug. 12, 2021, at 6 p.m.
- Where: 5555 Skyway and online: https://bit.ly/3i9oUg3
- 1,816 Building Permit Applications Received
- 1,661 Building Permits issued
- 946 Homes Rebuilt (certificate of occupancy issued)
- 347 Multi-Family Permit Applications Received
- 317 Multi-Family Permits Issued
- 168 Multi-Family Permits Rebuilt (certificate of occupancy issued)
- Paradise Business Spotlight: Every week we will spotlight a business in Paradise to encourage shopping locally and supporting economic recovery in Paradise–and maybe uncover a business you haven’t heard of before. This week, they focus on Paradise Travel. Paradise Travel is ready to help you book your luxury vacation today, no matter the journey, Paradise Travel will make your trip worry-free with booking assistance, scheduling and recommendations. Rely on local expertise to your travels easy and enjoyable. To get started, call Paradise Travel today at (530) 872-0285.
- Dixie Fire Update There are still no evacuation orders or evacuation warnings for the Town of Paradise. The Town continues to monitor the Dixie Fire closely with CAL FIRE and Butte County. However, it is important to be prepared and have a plan for your family, animals, and home. If you feel unsafe at any time, you should leave.
- Design Standards Survey, Thursday, July 22, 6 p.m., the Town hosted the third of four Transportation Master Plan workshops. This meeting focused on potential updates to existing Design Standards for the Downtown and Clark Road areas. The survey can be taken here. Your input will assist the Town in understanding community desires and priorities and guide the final updates to the Design Standards.
- Bicycling and Walking Network Public Workshop – Thursday, August 12, 6:00 pm Join us on Thursday, August 12 at 6 pm for the fourth Public Workshop through the Transportation Master Plan. This workshop will focus on Active Transportation – bicycling and walking. We will discuss connections and improvements that can be made to our existing network of paths and bicycle lanes in Town
- Paradise Ridge Youth Soccer Accepting Registration is through August 17. After an eventful last few years, Paradise Ridge Youth Soccer will bring its players back to the Ridge as online registration for the 2021 Fall Soccer Season is open until August 15, walk-in-person registration on August 17 at Westside Pizza.
- Basic Drawing Classes at Paradise Art Center, beginning August 4. Explore a variety of creative exercises and projects to build a strong drawing foundation using pencil, pen and ink. Bring a sketchbook every Wednesday from 2 p.m. to 5 p.m. for 4-week sessions, beginning Aug. 4. $40 for members, $50.
- Free Residential Green Waste Disposal Program: Aug. 8, 17, 28 and Sept. 2 and 11 Must be a Butte County residents living in the wildland-urban interface may dispose of green waste for free on the above-designated days. Also, haul and unload your green waste to the Neal Road Recycling and Waste Facility. Bring proof of ID and residence in the Wildland Urban Interface area of Butte County.
- Paradise Chocolate Fest Is September 18 The 16th annual Paradise Chocolate Fest benefits non-profit organizations that provide educational, enrichment, recreational and leadership opportunities to youth. Events include the 5k Chocolate Chase; Chocolate Candy Land, Chocolate Cuisine Challenge, Art, Craft and Food Booths, Wine and Beer Tasting, Art in the Park, All About Books, Green Scene and more.
- Paradise Farmer’s Market, Tuesday June-October, 7:30 a.m. to noon. A unique opportunity for farmers and vendors to sell directly to the consumer by hosting Certified Farmers’ Markets. The market will focus on bringing the community together and supporting local farmers, crafters and food vendors. The market is in the Paradise Alliance Church parking lot at 6491 Clark Rd, Paradise, CA 95969.
- The Farmhouse Building Plan is now available at the Rebuild Paradise Foundation. This 3 bedroom, 2 baths, 1440 square foot home plan is available with or without a garage and has a wrap-around porch. Master-planned homes hosted by the Rebuild Paradise Foundation are for use within the Camp Fire footprint. For more information, click here.
- Party in the Park Returns now - Aug. 4: The Paradise Ridge Chamber of Commerce has announced the return of this well-loved summer event. Party in the Park Music & Marketplace is a seasonal tradition of local pride and community vitality in the historic heart of Paradise. With its Farmers’ Market, Kids’ Zone, talented bands and performers, arts, crafts, local organizations, and eclectic products, Party in the Park is a celebration of all that makes us Paradise. Booth applications and full information are available online - click here. Event information can be found on the Chamber website. For sponsorship information, contact Monica@ParadiseChamber.com.
- Funding Options for those Rebuilding after the Camp Fire
- Grants Up to $200,000 Available for those Rebuilding after the Camp Fire The California Department of Housing and Community Development (HCD) recently announced the Disaster Housing Assistance Survey for survivors of the 2018 wildfire disasters is now open. Homes damaged or destroyed by the Camp Fire may be eligible for up to $200,000; and low- to moderate-income households will receive priority. If you are a disaster survivor and wish to see if you qualify for the ReCoverCA OwnerOccupied Housing Rehabilitation and Reconstruction Program (OOR Program), start by taking the 2018 Disaster Housing Assistance survey available at https://recover.hcd.ca.gov/. If you need assistance with the survey, contact Butte County OOR Case Managers Brittney Murray or Glen Johnson at (916) 202-1764.
- Up to $150,000 in low-interest, deferred Loans for homeowners (can be used even if insurance funds and/or FEMA funds have been spent) The Town of Paradise offers deferred, low-interest loans to low and moderate-income households rebuilding after the Camp Fire. For more information on eligibility and how to apply, click here or call the Town’s Housing Department at (530) 872-6291 x122.
- Home Builders Resource Connection Online Plan Room The Rebuild Paradise Foundation (RPF) and Valley Contractors Exchange (VCE) have partnered to launch Home Builders Resource Connection Online Plan Room. It is a free tool intended to connect the dots between those looking to rebuild after the devastating fires Butte County has experienced in 2018 and 2020 and contractors that can perform this work. To learn more about the Online Plan Room, click here or contact VCE at (530) 343-1981.
- Town Hall and the Building Resiliency Center Open by Appointment: Due to the change to the purple Tier in Butte County, Town Hall and the BRC are open by appointment only. Please call (530) 872-6291 for existing appointments or to schedule a new appointment. Below are the extensions for assistance: Business and Housing x126 or x130 Code Enforcement x110 Finance Department x121 Tree Advocates x162 or x163 Building Resiliency Center x411 General Information x101
- Have questions regarding your rebuild? Rebuild Advocates are here to help: If you need help navigating the rebuild process, the Town of Paradise has Rebuild Advocates available to assist. They can help with the following: Navigating insurance, FEMA or SBA, understanding additional financing options, selecting a contractor, submitting plants, or any part of the rebuild process. They are available at the Building Resiliency Center by appointment only. Please call 530.872.6291 x429 x430 to make an in-person (depending on COVID status) or phone appointment today.
- Shop Local Online Paradise Ridge Marketplace Available: The Paradise Ridge Chamber of Commerce has provided the Paradise Ridge Marketplace to keep your shopping local. Purchase some of your favorite Ridge items, such as Ridge Rising apparel and other fun member products. New items are added frequently. Learn more here.