PARADISE, Calif. - The Town of Paradise hired a contract team called 4LEAF to help review permits as quickly as possible.
"I want a home and I don't want nothing to stop that," resident Tina Rubiolo said.
Rubiolo was born and raised in Paradise, like many others she's anxious to start rebuilding.
"Everybody was saying today everybody is waiting on the county you know to get that clearance that certificate they need to get more people in there and help them you know
Officials with 4LEAF said once your building plans are ready to be checked you'll hear feedback from them within five days in order to move forward with other departments.
"I was very impressed with the knowledge fo the gentleman speaking and with his answers to peoples questions because obviously, people are going to have a lot of different questions there's a lot of details that are involved but it sounded like he is very confident that their agency can expedite the process and make it as painless and as quick as possible," resident, Frank Dodini said.
Dodini said he is in not in a hurry to rebuild. He's still sifting through the ashes at his property to see what he can find.
"We're figuring we're taking our time, not in a big rush and taking as much as a year to make a final decision on how we're gonna rebuild and where we're gonna rebuild," Dodini said.
Angela Alford got the keys to her house one year to the day of the fire. Alford said she found some clarity at the meeting.
"I did get some answers, but there's always going to be more questions," Alford said.
One of Alford's questions was about modular or manufactured homes.
"We just don't have the resources to build from the ground up I mean that's a lot of money so are we going to have to jump through extra hoops to put one of those kinds of homes on our lot?" Alford asked.
Rubiolo said walking out of town hall she's feeling a little more at ease with rebuilding.
"I feel better and I will continue coming to the meetings if you come to the meetings you get first-hand information not second-hand information online I think it's very important that if you're planning to rebuild you get involved," she said.
- Town of Paradise holds open house for rebuilding efforts
- Rebuilding Paradise: Town Council Member gives update
- Paradise Town Council considers several rebuilding ordinances
- Paradise Town Council Gets Rebuilding Status Update
- Town of Paradise issues first rebuild permit
- Rebuilding progress in Paradise
- Paradise Rebuilding and Recovery: Update from Town Councilman Steve Crowder
- Paradise rebuilding and recovery: Update from Town Councilman Michael Zuccolillo
- Paradise rebuilding and recovery: Update from Town Councilman Steve Crowder
- Rebuilding Paradise after the Camp Fire