PARADISE, Calif. - Although officials are not yet saying when evacuees can return to areas affected by the Camp Fire, Action News Now has confirmed with the Paradise Police Department that they are working on a plan to briefly let residents back into the town at some point.
They say that the plan, which is not yet in motion, would allow residents to return to Paradise to check on their homes. After a certain amount of time, police would then ask them to leave again.
People will be let back into the areas by zones, according to the department.
Again, there is no word yet on when this will happen. Stay tuned for more updates.
They will organize the return by zones. To access which is your zone, click here.
- Paradise Police Department Working on Plan to Let Evacuees Check on Homes
- Paradise looking for volunteers for Police Department
- Paradise Lost: Evacuee Sees Home for First Time Since Camp Fire
- Paradise Mobile Home Fire Contained
- Volunteers Working to Get Remaining Evacuees at Walmart to Shelters
- Paradise Couple Works to Prevent Drowsy Driving
- Paradise Repopulation Efforts in the Works
- Paradise Appoints New Police Chief
- New Paradise Chief of Police
- Officials Address Frustrations Among Evacuees That Can't Return Home