PARADISE, Calif. - Paradise Medical Group reopened for the first time since the Camp Fire on Friday.
Doctors with the group said financial support from Blue Shield helped make it possible to restore and enhance health care delivery in the area following the Camp Fire.
One of the services they'll offer is a virtual care platform where patients can see some providers via cell phones, tablets and computers.
The opening should help those still living on the ridge who have had to travel long distances to see a doctor.
Paradise Medical Group serves around 10,000 patients and has temporarily been operating out of Chico.
More than 100 people were on hand for Friday's ribbon-cutting ceremony.
- Paradise Medical Group reopened Friday
- Paradise Medical Group receives large donation for reopening
- Starbucks Reopens in Paradise
- Paradise ice rink reopens
- Town Hall Reopens in Paradise
- Dollar Tree Reopens in Paradise
- Sierra Central reopens in Paradise
- Paradise Post Office Reopens After Camp Fire
- Businesses Start to Reopen in Paradise
- Paradise's Old Barn Kitchen reopens in Chico