BUTTE COUNTY, Calif. - A small business destroyed by the Camp Fire has reopened and the employees are relieved to still have a job.
The Paradise Lens Lab reopened in south Chico.
Despite the fire setback, owner Gary Bates said they kept all but one employee who moved away and they only missed one pay period.
Scott Walters, an employee with Paradise Lens Lab, says he's appreciative to still be able to come to work.
"Gary called me up and said I found a place to reopen up, give me a few weeks to get the equipment back," Walters said. "I had a place to live with my son and it was nice to know I had a job still."
The business opened up in a new location on the Skyway in south Chico.
Thanks to a couple of local doctors and a company based in Iowa, they got all new state of the art equipment. The Bates' kept their logo, but they added a phoenix to it to represent their rise from the ashes as well.
- Paradise Lens Lab reopens in Chico
- Paradise's Old Barn Kitchen reopens in Chico
- Starbucks Reopens in Paradise
- Town Hall Reopens in Paradise
- Dollar Tree Reopens in Paradise
- Sierra Central reopens in Paradise
- Paradise Medical Group reopened Friday
- Gift for Lab Renovation at Chico State
- Paradise Post Office Reopens After Camp Fire
- Businesses Start to Reopen in Paradise