PARADISE, Calif. - The Paradise Irrigation District is holding a community meeting Tuesday night at the Paradise Alliance Church.
They will discuss the current status of the water system as well as the next steps towards recovery.
The long term recovery task force will be on hand. That includes officials from the Paradise Irrigation District and Cal OES.
Scientists will also be available to answer specific questions regarding the contamination and health effects.
The team plans to discuss what has been done already to the water system, what needs to be done and what those next steps will be.
As of last month, 40 percent of the tested service lines show signs of organic chemical contamination.
District Manager Kevin Phillips said it would take two and a half years to complete the entire process of clearing the pipes throughout town.
And that's a factor that causes some neighbors like Wally Schmidt, to not want to rebuild.
"Just the delay I mean was the main thing from my point of view I'm old enough that I don't have decades to enjoy this the water is huge issue and the deeper they get into researching it looks like the bigger deal it really is so I have a burden about that," Schmidt said.
Schmidt said there is a petition people are signing to get the attention of state representative help for funding. And almost 1,600 community members are already on board.
The community meeting is from 6 - 9 p.m. at the Paradise Alliance Church off of Clark Road.
- Paradise Irrigation District discusses current water system
- Paradise Irrigation District releases Water System Recovery Plan
- Paradise Irrigation District Launches Drive-Thru Service
- Live stream to Paradise Irrigation District meeting
- Paradise Irrigation District begins 2-week water sampling project
- Paradise Irrigation District looks for water-sample volunteers
- Paradise Irrigation District to hold community meeting on the water system
- Paradise Irrigation District shares updates on recovery plan
- Demonstration Garden to open at Paradise Irrigation District