PARADISE, Calif. -- Wednesday was the night before graduation for Paradise, Pleasant Valley and Chico High schoolers. Action News Now reporter Laura Eng shows a special tradition Paradise High Students share together.
It's the last hurrah for the Paradise High School Class of 2019.
"We're out here, wanting to have a good time, wanting to be with our friends and people and that's true resilience, that's true Paradise right there," said Mackenzie Anderson, a PHS senior.
Classmates watched the sunset before graduation, some thinking about what they'll miss most about this school.
"The classmates themselves, them. I don't know, just so many unique people, their personalities are so diverse, I don't know, I just love them and I'm gonna miss them the most," said Aiden Sievers, a PHS senior.
"Definitely, for me, it's being under the lights. There's nothing better than a roaring crowd from a small town," said Charles Bagley, a PHS senior.
"Really in the blink of an eye, my town burned down and I'm living in Chico and everything is different," Sievers said.
This helped him realize the value in cherishing these little moments and being back home again.
"People are driving from Willows, Magalia and Sacramento," Anderson said.
They say it's their love for their school that couldn't keep them from watching the sunset one last time together.
"And that's how much we love our town, we love our school," Anderson said.
There are more than 220 students in the Paradise High School graduating class.
The students will have their graduation on the Paradise High School campus on Thursday at 8 p.m.
- Paradise High School seniors celebrate Senior Sunset before graduation
- Chico High Seniors Graduate in New Stadium
- Paradise High School seniors can graduate on their own campus in June
- Paradise High School seniors come together for prom
- Paradise High School students prepare for graduation
- Atria Paradise Offers Senior Cooling Center
- Paradise High School Bullying
- Contractors clear damaged trees for Paradise High School graduation
- Paradise High School Resumes Classes
- Two Pleasant Valley High seniors win $1,000 scholarship