PARADISE, Calif. - Paradise High School is continuing recovery work ahead of school in the fall by hosting various summer programs for students and athletes.
Students can try their hand at basketball, football, volleyball, and more.
Anne Stearns, athletic director for Paradise High School, said the summer programs are important to get students off of their couches and into an active and safe space during the summer.
"Getting kids day in and day out was really important to the athletic message to say: We are here, and we are going to have school here, come hang out with your friends," Stearns said.
Most of the sessions are being held during the evening around 5 p.m.
Stearns also said she plans to have a special alumni game for the school basketball team sometime during the summer. She said she's sure it will resonate deeply with the team as the boy's basketball team was not able to play in their gym for the final season.
For more information on Paradise High School athletics, CLICK HERE.
- Paradise High School hosts summer programs for students, athletes
- Paradise High School Bullying
- Paradise High School students prepare for graduation
- Paradise High School gains exchange students
- Paradise High School Resumes Classes
- Golden State Warriors Host Paradise High School Basketball Teams
- Sacramento Kings Host Paradise High School Basketball Teams
- Paradise High School band students receive generous donation
- Paradise High School Resumes Classes Jan. 8
- Paradise High School Survives Camp Fire