CHICO, Calif. -- Members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints made a generous donation to Paradise High School students affected by the Camp Fire.
Paradise High School band students lost more than one hundred instruments in the Camp Fire, but thanks to this generous donation, students can continue to keep up their passion and play music.
Music plays a big role in Greg Schofield's life.
"By allowing me a place to just be unabashedly myself," said Schofield.
The Camp Fire changed the face of the school band Schofield loved so dearly.
"The support network we built up was much smaller, fractured as everybody scattered," said Schofield.
Schofield, like many of his classmates, lost his tuba in the Camp Fire, but thanks to a generous donation, the music is back on.
"We feel like music is a very healing thing," said April Dever, a member who helped donate musical instruments.
Mike and April Dever are members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in Washington.
"We've been collecting instruments to try and help the people in Paradise, to show them we care and give our support," said April Dever.
Kayla Dixon's family moved to Elk Grove, just south of Sacramento, after the fire destroyed their home. Dixon continued commuting up north to stay at Paradise High School.
"Staying with the band has definitely been a form of normalcy. We've become a close-knit family," said Dixon.
She says while the Camp Fire changed her life, it doesn't define her.
"Not everybody has one thing in common, but now we do and I say it's made our bonds stronger and we're closer now," said Dixon.
- Paradise High School band students receive generous donation
- Paradise High School Bullying
- Paradise High School gains exchange students
- Paradise High School students prepare for graduation
- Paradise High Students and Staff Stunned By Huge Donation
- Paradise receives replacement flags
- Paradise High School Resumes Classes
- Paradise Medical Group receives large donation for reopening
- Paradise High School hosts summer programs for students, athletes
- Las Plumas & Oroville High band students win big