PARADISE, Calif. - The Paradise Unified School District is taking action on a bullying incident that was recorded by a student in class.
The mother of a student sent in the video. She said her son recorded it during class, and claims the teacher stood by watching.
Apparently, the student was lifted up by his backpack to the ceiling, with a big remote control hook.
The Superintendent of Paradise Unified School District, Michelle John, said- not that this makes it "ok," but the students voluntarily went on the lift and thought it was fun.
She said this student became scared and wanted to come down, and that's really what they investigated.
John became aware of the video on Monday and immediately went over to the high school and spoke with the students.
"We have done a thorough investigation of every student in the class, what happened and it's very disturbing to us and we have taken action," John said. "This is not something that we are proud of at all, in fact we are very embarrassed that this occurred."
John said students of Paradise High School are fully involved and aware of this case. She said they need to teach students this behavior is unacceptable.
John wasn't able to share specifics, but she said the school is taking extreme steps to make sure students don't play-around like this again.
As for the teacher's consequences, John said she couldn't comment on the matter.
- Paradise High School Bullying
- Paradise High School Resumes Classes
- Paradise High School Survives Camp Fire
- Paradise High School Resumes Classes Jan. 8
- President Trump Signs Paradise High School Hat
- Paradise High School gets piece of high tech learning equipment
- Golden State Warriors Host Paradise High School Basketball Teams
- Sacramento Kings Host Paradise High School Basketball Teams
- Public Safety for Paradise High School at Chico Municipal Airport
- Paradise schools prepare for snow