BUTTE COUNTY, Calif. - A Paradise High School graduate and four-time Emmy winner will host a premiere of his newest film, "All Its Name Implies," at the El Rey Theater on Friday, December 20, 2019.
The film is a documentary created by Ev Durán which focuses on the resilient residents of Paradise, as they attempt to rebuild their beloved community in the aftermath of the devastating Camp Fire.
Tickets for the event will be available at several locations in Butte County beginning on Nov. 30, on an entirely by-donation basis. 100% of the money raised by these ticket donations will be distributed to charities that will directly benefit the people of Paradise and the surrounding areas, Durán said in a press release.
Tickets will be available at Wildcat Sportswear in Chico during regular business hours until they are gone. Also on Nov. 30, Durán will be in Paradise in the former Juice & Java parking lot from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. to distribute tickets, due to weather this is subject to change. Durán said he hopes to add a few more locations in the coming weeks.
Those interested in learning more about the film, where to acquire tickets, and planned future screenings in the Butte County area are encouraged to follow “All Its Name Implies” on Facebook to receive more updates as they are announced.
Durán said he is hopeful that this film can help illuminate the complete story of Paradise, including some of the history and culture, and what makes the town special, rather than solely focusing narrowly on the events of November 8, 2018.
Durán said he decided to embark on this project with three specific goals in mind: To allow the people of Paradise to speak for themselves, and be the authors of their own stories. To create a piece of work that can raise money for the town, immediately and into the future. To make a film that could bring happiness and pride to his hometown community.
Watch the trailer of All Its Name Implies in the video player above.
- Paradise High School graduate to host premiere of Camp Fire documentary in Chico
- Paradise High School Survives Camp Fire
- Paradise High School students prepare for graduation
- A documentary about the Camp Fire recovery efforts was premiered at the 2020 Sundance Film Festival
- Hundreds of Camp Fire survivors graduate in Paradise
- Paradise High School Bullying
- Contractors clear damaged trees for Paradise High School graduation
- Paradise High School seniors celebrate Senior Sunset before graduation
- Paradise schools consolidate after Camp Fire
- Camp Fire commemoration in Paradise