PARADISE, Calif. - With the Team's first game on Friday, August 23, the Paradise High football team said they are treating it like any other game.
“Football here brings the Town together, I have seen it since I have been in Paradise," said Senior Jose Velazquez. "It’s a big big thing here.”
“I have been with the same group of kids - some as early as when I was 6 years old - so we have that same bond as when we were little, so we are continuing that," said Joshua Alvies. "Especially after what happened last year.”
“It is going to be our first game here after the fire," said Velazquez who is a defensive end. "We lost out at our chance at playoffs last year, I was mad about that.”
The football players said despite all the attention, they are treating the game like any other.
“I am trying to block out the fact there is supposed to be such a big crowd and all of us to a point have been trying to ignore the media and just focus on football," said Alvies.
- Paradise High Football Returns: The Team
- Paradise High Football Returns: Bobcat Cheerleaders
- Paradise High Football Returns: The Field
- Niners Coach, Paradise Native Helps Bring Paradise Football Team to Monday Night Football Game
- Paradise High School Bullying
- Golden State Warriors Host Paradise High School Basketball Teams
- Sacramento Kings Host Paradise High School Basketball Teams
- Paradise High School Resumes Classes
- Paradise Resident Returns Home, Shows What Remains
- Sacramento Kings Honor Paradise Basketball Teams