Paradise, Calif. - The 60th Annual Paradise Gold Nugget Celebration kicks-off with opening ceremonies and crowning of the Gold Nugget Queen Thursday April 26th at the Paradise Performing Arts Center.
The festivities are a celebration of the town's rich gold mining history and when a 54 pound gold nugget was discovered there in 1859.
The theme this year is "Decades of Gold". Saturday April 28th will feature the Donkey Derby at 9 a.m. in Old Magalia, reenacting the delivery of the famous nugget. The parade winds down the Skyway starting at noon and at 1 p.m. the Paradise Depot Party takes place in the Community Park with live music, food and libations.
The first-ever Gold Nugget Days Hoedown is set for Saturday night from 7 - 11 p.m. at the Paradise Elks Lodge, featuring music by the blue Merles and Brad Petersen & Friends. Tickets are $18.
Sunday April 29tha Deep Pit Barbeque takes place at the Gold Nugget Museum. Tickets are $10 in advance, $12 at the lunch. There will be live music, gold panning and children's activities.
For more information call (530) 87208722 or visit the Gold Nugget Museum website.
- Paradise Celebrates Gold Nugget Days
- 60th Annual Gold Nugget Celebration Continues in Paradise
- Gold Nugget Days up on the Ridge
- Gold Nugget Museum opens new exhibit
- How Citizens of Paradise Celebrated Christmas
- Perdue Recalls Chicken Nuggets After People Find Wood in Them
- Town of Paradise Celebrates Success of Measure C
- Honoring a Paradise veteran
- Paradise Breakfast with Santa
- Paradise woman turns 100