PARADISE, Calif. - A Paradise artist is creating a new project made from keys to homes destroyed by the Camp Fire.
The piece will be a Pheonix made of keys that resembles the town rising from the ashes of the fire.
Jessie Mercer lost her art studio in the fire and she said that creating helps her sort through her grief.
"I thought about it deeply and thought that the one thing we all had that we had in common that morning was we all had our keys," she said.
She is asking for key donations to finish the project, which she will donate to the town of Paradise.
For more information and a list of key drop-off locations, CLICK HERE.
- Paradise Artist Creates Piece for Town Made of Keys
- Paradise artist brings new sculpture to town
- Artist commemorates Paradise with chainsaw art
- Town of Paradise road closure
- Paradise Town Hall Gets Makeover
- Town Hall Reopens in Paradise
- Paradise High School gets piece of high tech learning equipment
- Local Chico Artist Brings Beauty to Paradise Ashes
- Paradise artist touches lives of Camp Fire survivors
- All Town Services Return to Paradise Town Hall Feb. 4