CHICO, Calif. -The Chico Peace & Justice Center carried through on a long time Easter tradition Sunday by holding their annual pancake breakfast.
Pancakes for Peace brings people together to enjoy a nice healthy breakfast.
Organic pancakes are the center of it all, but there are also vegan and gluten-free options for the breakfast.
The yearly event is also a time used to address community issues.
Aramenta Hawkins, Executive Director of the Chico Peace & Justice Center, said it is "good to share events with your community to get to know each other - especially at this time when there's a lot of strife."
They held plenty of activities for the kids including an Easter egg hunt.
Music was provided by the Chico Saxophone Quartet. There was also a silent auction. Proceeds benefit the Chico Peace & Justice Center, a non-profit organization that is located at 526 Broadway.
- Chico Peace and Justice Center holds annual Pancakes for Peace breakfast
- The 38th Annual Pancake for Peace Fundraiser happening April 21
- California Peace Officers' Memorial
- Peace Officers Memorial Ceremony in Chico
- New Mural in Chico Promotes Peace
- 53rd Annual Pancake Breakfast Held at Honey Run Covered Bridge
- Butte County Peace Officer Memorial
- Undersheriff Eric Magrini talks Pancake Breakfast
- Fourth of July Pancakes Breakfast & 5K
- Peace officers will be honored in Chico ceremony