PALO CEDRO, Calif. - A Palo Cedro chiropractor is facing criminal charges for practicing medicine without a license.
The Shasta County District Attorney's office filed charges Thursday against Steven Davis. He is facing one felony and one misdemeanor. The felony is practicing medicine without a license.
The charges are based on an investigation conducted by the California Department of Consumer Affairs, Divison of Investigation.
They conducted an undercover operation. They say that during the investigator's visit, David said he could treat her symptoms, which she attributed to cancer-related symptoms.
Investigators said Davis advised the undercover investigators against a biopsy and cancer treatment, despite the fact that she told him they were advised by a medical doctor.
If you believe you are a victim of Davis's unlawful practices, call the Shasta County District Attorney's Consumer Protection Potline at (530) 225-5391.
- Palo Cedro Chiropractor Charged for Practicing Without a License
- Silver Fire in Palo Cedro is Fully Contained
- Redding Plane Crashes, Kills 1 in Palo Alto
- Family Responds to Fatal Plane Crash in Palo Alto
- Woman Faces Felony Charges for Giving Botox Treatments Without License
- California authorities seize pot from licensed company
- Lawmakers questioning new license for dam operations
- Redding Decision on Cannabis Retail Licenses Delayed
- BCSO to offer CCW license applications online
- Florida Man Practices Karate...On Swans?