PARADISE, Calif. - The Paradise Irrigation District is charging for water meters, not water usage.
It's a monthly charge of about $21.
I spoke to Brenda Wright. She doesn't know if she wants to rebuild in Paradise yet.
Wright said she's called PID many times the service charge.
"I called them up and said I wasn't paying it and I'm not because we're not using water so what they said to me was you can discontinue service, but should you want to rebuild which I might you would pay $500 to get that reinstalled and then they said if you don't disconnect we're going to continue to bill you and put a lein on your property," Wright said.
"I don't believe that its going to be the $500 plus of whatever that they said I believe it's probably going to be a lot more so it's really advantageous to me if for us to keep our meter on our property they're not charging you for water usage right now at all they may sometime in the future," said Steve Lobdell, a resident from Paradise.
Lobdell is still living on his property and says he's using water to shower and cook food.
Again - PID is charging property owners a little over $21 a month to keep their water meter and stay on their ready-to-serve rate.
- PID bill confusion
- Drinking Water Advisory lifted for some PID customers
- PID on track to bring clean water on the Ridge
- Paradise & Magalia residents confused by mystery powder
- False Evacuation Order Causes Confusion for Residents of City of Shasta Lake
- Trump heads to US-Mexico border after a week of confusing threats
- Is it a bird or a bunny? This optical illusion of an animal is confusing the internet
- Senate Republicans pass tax bill
- House passes bill to avert government shutdown