Pacific Gas and Electric says it will be setting up more than two dozen community centers with restrooms and electronic-device charging stations for people in counties affected by a power shutdown aimed at reducing wildfire risks.
PG&E says it will open 25 centers across Northern California starting Thursday at 8 a.m. They will stay open 8 a.m. to 8 p.m., the company said in a statement.
The centers will also have bottled water and air-conditioned seating for up to 100 people. They will be set up at fairgrounds, senior centers, shopping centers, in churches and other locations.
PG&E says it will shut off power to more than 179,000 customers in 17 counties starting Wednesday at 2 p.m.
A list of the PG&E community centers is below
- ALPINE - Bear Valley - Bear Valley Transportation Center, 132 Bear Valley road
- AMADOR - Jackson - St. Katharine Drexel Catholic Parish, 11361 Prospect Drive
- AMADOR - Pioneer - Mace Meadows Golf Course, 26570 Fairway Drive
- BUTTE - Chico - Costco – Butte, 2100 Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Parkway
- BUTTE - Magalia - Strip Mall - 14144 Lakeridge Court
- BUTTE - Oroville - Bird Street School, 1421 Bird Street
- CALAVERAS - Arnold - Meadowmont Shopping Center, 2182 Highway 4
- CALAVERAS - Murphys - Black Bart Players, 580 South Algiers Street
- EL DORADO - Georgetown - Buffalo Hill Center, 6023 Front Street 37
- EL DORADO - Placerville - Former County Sheriff's Office, 300 Fair Lane
- EL DORADO - Pollock Pines - Knotty Pine Lanes, 2667 Sanders Dr #1
- LAKE - Lakeport - Konocti Vista Casino, 2755 Mission Rancheria Road
- LAKE - Middletown - Twin Pine Casino & Hotel, 22223 CA-29
- NAPA - Calistoga - Napa County Fairgrounds, 1435 North Oak Street
- NEVADA - Grass Valley - Sierra College – Grass Valley, 250 Sierra College Drive
- NEVADA - Penn Valley - Penn Valley Community Church, 11739 Spenceville Road
- PLACER - Auburn - Gold County Fairgrounds, 209 Fairgate Road
- PLACER - Forest Hill - Canyon View Assembly Church, 23221 Forest Hill Road
- PLACER - Lincoln - McBean Pavillion Parking Lot, 75 McBean Park Drive
- SONOMA - Cloverdale - Cloverdale Citrus Fair, 1 Citrus Fair
- SONOMA - Santa Rosa - Santa Rosa Veterans Memorial Building, 1351 Maple Avenue
- SONOMA - Sonoma - Hanna Boys Center, 17000 Arnold Drive
- YUBA - Oregon House - Alcouffe Center, 9185 Marysville Road
- CALAVERAS - West Point - Veterans of Foreign Wars post 3322, 202 Spink Road
- MENDOCINO - Potter Valley - Potter Valley Bible Church, 10151 Main Street
- PG&E will set up more than 20 community centers
- PG&E blackout: Medical Resource Center
- PG&E to set up wildfire relief fund with $105 million
- PG&E offers mobile help center for Camp Fire victims
- PG&E Fire Safety
- PG&E Breaking Up?
- PG&E CEO tours Paradise
- PG&E tree removal concerns
- PG&E executives tour Paradise