PARADISE, Calif. - If you live in Paradise, prepare yourself for a brief power outage over the weekend.
PG&E will shut off power to nearly the entire town for two hours early Monday morning to make upgrades to a substation, PG&E said.
The outage will begin at about midnight and last until 2 a.m. Monday. According to PG&E customers affected have been notified by letter.
PG&E said they will utilize the two-hour window to install more guards designed to prevent birds and animals like squirrels from coming into contact with high-voltage substation equipment, which can cause power outages.
Crews will also do some light maintenance on high-voltage equipment.
The early morning time was chosen so it would have the least impact on 3,842 residences and businesses, according to PG&E.
- PG&E planned power outage
- PG&E planned power outage for Paradise
- PG&E Investigates Power Outage in North Chico
- Preparing for potential PG&E power outages
- Power outage affecting hundreds in Lower Paradise
- PG&E CEO tours Paradise
- PG&E executives tour Paradise
- UPDATED: PG&E power outages currently in Corning and Yuba City
- Tehama County: Anger Grows Over PG&E Power Outages
- Mystery PG&E power outage impacted 2,000 Chico residents