PLUMAS COUNTY, Calif. - A lineman died on Monday after he fell from a power pole near Twain in Plumas County.
According to the Plumas County Sheriff's Office, the dispatch center received a call around 4 p.m .on Monday about two linemen that fell from a power pole.
Authorities arrived at the scene and transported one of the linemen to Enloe Medical Center for treatment of minor injuries.
The second victim was being treated at the scene, but died of his injuries.
The sheriff's office said both men were working for PAR Electric, which was subcontracted by PG&E to install power lines.
The cause of the incident is currently under investigation and the identities of the victims have not been released.
- PG&E lineman dies after falling from power pole
- National Lineman Appreciation Day
- PG&E: Power restoration has begun
- Thousands Without Power After Bear Climbs Power Pole
- PG&E Investigates Power Outage in North Chico
- Preparing for potential PG&E power outages
- PG&E begins inspections in power restoration process
- PG&E works to restore power to customers
- California Senate to investigate PG&E power shutoff
- Dozens without power after car crash into pole