BUTTE AND SHASTA COUNTIES, Calif. - PG&E is hosting open houses to share information about its wildfire safety program.
One of the topics the utility will cover is the expansion of its power shutoff program when wildfire danger is extreme.
People who attend the meetings can also learn about inspections, vegetation management and swapping out equipment for things such as stronger power poles and covered power lines.
The first open house is happening Tuesday at the Red Lion Hotel in Redding from 6 - 8 p.m.
Another open house is planned for Wednesday at the Chico Elks Lodge from 6 - 8 p.m.
For more information, CLICK HERE.
- PG&E hosts open houses to discuss Wildfire Safety Program
- PG&E appoints administrator for Wildfire Assistance Program
- PG&E Fire Safety
- PG&E announces wildfire blackout plan
- Gov. Brown Discusses California Wildfires
- Judge Questions PG&E about California Wildfire
- PG&E Finds Bullet-Riddled Gear Near Wildfire
- PG&E Announces New Wildfire Safety Measures, Support for Camp Fire Victims
- PG&E donates to north state welding programs
- PG&E answers citizens' questions at Chico open house