Five trucks loaded with steel pipes to be used by the Butte College welding program have arrived on campus.
70 tons of the metal pipes were donated and delivered by PG&E Thursday.
PG&E officials say they don't need these kinds of pipes anymore so they're providing them to college and high school student welders through the Butte College program, which they say is recognized in the industry as an excellent school.
- PG&E donates to north state welding programs
- Butte College Welding Program
- Chico City Council accepts PG&E $50K donation
- PG&E appoints administrator for Wildfire Assistance Program
- UPDATE: Welding Causes Fire in Redding Dealership
- PG&E Investigates Power Outage in North Chico
- State Lawmakers React to PG&E Bankruptcy
- Chico City Council to Vote on PG&E Donation
- Chico City Council Votes to Accept PG&E Donation
- PG&E hosts open houses to discuss Wildfire Safety Program