CHICO, Calif. - The deadline to file a PG&E claim is tomorrow, Dec. 31, 2019 at 5 p.m.
The original deadline to file a claim was October 21 of this year. However, PG&E extended that deadline to December 31.
This is all part of the company's bankruptcy process.
You can file a claim with the utility if you were impacted by fires that happened before January 29, 2019.
The claims representative told Action News Now it is too late to file by mail and you must now do it in person or online. He also reminded you do not have to have a home to file a claim. Claims can include any loss of property, emotional and mental distress, evacuation or displacement expenses, loss of community and more.
If you miss the deadline, there will not be another opportunity to get compensation from PG&E.
PG&E wants to see your repair estimates if your home was destroyed or damaged. For personal injury claims, have a copy of your medical records to give to the utility.
If you lost wages, let's say you weren't able to work because of the fire then get that documentation through your employer or payroll stubs.
To file a claim with PG&E, CLICK HERE.
To file a claim in person, visit one of the help centers, below between 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. For help call 1-888-909-0100 or CLICK HERE.
- 350 Salem Street, Chico
- 1567 Huntoon Street, Oroville
- 3600 Meadow View Road, Redding
- 231 "D" Street, Marysville
- Deadline to file PG&E claim approaching for wildfire victims
- Debris Removal Deadlines Approaching
- PG&E agrees to extend deadline for fire victims claims
- Northern California fire victims can now file claims with PG&E
- Tax deadline extended for wildfire victims
- PG&E Wildfire Assistance Program distributes first checks to wildfire victims
- Unemployment filing deadline for survivors of October’s wildfires
- Camp Fire FEMA Assistance Deadline Approaching
- Deadline Approaching for Government-Backed Debris Cleanup
- Deadline for hazardous tree removal program approaching