CHICO, Calif. - On Thursday, PG&E talked about wildfire prevention at an open house in Chico.
Customers at the meeting said they found the information very valuable because people need to know what's happening around them.
More than 100 customers attended the open house to ask questions.
On display, there were several different interactive stations about reducing fire risk, like showing the dangers of being near a 12,000-volt wire.
A person does not even have to touch the wire to be shocked.
Several customers expressed their concern during the meeting.
"I was mainly concerned with finding out what the ramifications were for the power outages that they're talking about doing here in Chico and elsewhere," said one customer, Brenda Peckern.
Customers were also unsure about what do during power outages when medical equipment loses power.
PG&E explained that this is why there is a notification system in place so that people can make these arrangements for special circumstances.
A final open house will be held on Thursday in Chester at the Veteran's Memorial Hall located at 225 Gay Street, Chester.
- PG&E answers citizens' questions at Chico open house
- Chico Fire Citizens' Academy
- Polar vortex: Your questions answered
- Judge Questions PG&E about California Wildfire
- PG&E hosts open houses to discuss Wildfire Safety Program
- Chico Fire Department Citizens' Fire Academy
- Citizen volunteers tackle trash in Chico
- Chico Police Department hosts citizens' police academy
- Citizen question on census reveals partisan divide among AGs
- Chico City Council accepts PG&E $50K donation