PARADISE, Calif. - PG&E announced Thursday that it has restored gas services to nearly all customers in Paradise.
Crews have completed repairing, testing and restoring of gas mains in Paradise where PG&E provides natural gas service.
“Restoring electricity and gas is an essential first step on the journey to rebuild the community devastated by this fire," said Aaron Johnson, a vice president in PG&E’s electric operations who is leading the company’s community rebuilding efforts in Butte County. "Crews have worked tirelessly for the past two months to make safe, assess and rebuild the natural gas system in Paradise. As PG&E moves forward with its long-term rebuilding plans, we are also working closely with the town of Paradise and Butte County to ensure that the infrastructure reconstruction effort fully aligns with their strategy for rebuilding these communities.”
PG&E is urging customers not to attempt to turn on gas meters themselves. Residents should call PG&E so that the gas technicians can arrange a time to visit customers and safely relight the pilot lights.
For more information and to restore services, customers can call (800) 743-5000.
- PG&E Restores Gas Service to Nearly All Paradise Customers
- UPDATED: PG&E customers' power has been restored near Orland
- PG&E offering its customers free gas appliance safety checks
- PG&E Restores Power to Most Areas of Butte County
- PG&E Restores Power After Bright Flash South of Red Bluff
- PG&E Working to Help more than 3,900 Customers Without Power
- Forest Service Restores Illegal Marijuana Grow Sites
- Power Restored to all 400 Customers in north Chico
- DMV Improves Website Services for Customers
- B-Line Bus Services Resume in Paradise