SAN FRANCISCO, Calif. - PG&E announced Monday that it will be implementing a series of additional precautionary measures to decrease wildfire threats, as well as additional support for those affected by the Camp Fire.
The additional measures include:
Expanded inspections and other safety precautions intended to further reduce wildfire threats in service areas
An appointed officer-level PG&E leader with the responsibility and accountability to oversee the longer-term rebuilding efforts in the fire-impacted area of Butte County
“The families impacted by Camp Fire are our customers, our neighbors, and our friends, and our hearts go out to those who have lost so much. We are committed to supporting them through the recovery and rebuilding process and helping protect all of the customers we serve from the ever-increasing threat of wildfires,” said Geisha Williams, PG&E Corporation CEO and President.
Supporting the Communities Affected by the CampFire
In addition to enhanced precautionary measures, the utility has also appointed Aaron Johnson, current vice president of the company, as the company's rebuilding officer to lead local community restoration efforts.
Johnson's responsibilities include:
Coordinating with state and local officials to determine how to best modernize and rebuild the energy infrastructure across areas impacted by the fire
Partnering with the local community to provide additional resources like housing and support
Working with local leaders to identify and provide assistance to philanthropic groups
- Being accountable to ensure customer questions and concerns are being addressed
Additional Safety Enhancements
PG&E will also be expanding its Community Wildfire Safety Program, which was implemented in 2017 as an additional set of precautionary measures intended to reduce wildfire threats.
The new enhancements will include:
Detailed and enhances inspections of electric infrastructure
Enhanced vegetation management
More real-time monitoring and intelligence
For more information on the Community Wildfire Safety Program, CLICK HERE.
- PG&E Announces New Wildfire Safety Measures, Support for Camp Fire Victims
- PG&E announces wildfire blackout plan
- PG&E Fire Safety
- PG&E offers apology to Camp Fire victims
- PG&E Wildfire Assistance Program distributes first checks to wildfire victims
- PG&E Blackout, line safety
- PG&E offers mobile help center for Camp Fire victims
- Local Camp Fire Victims React to PG&E Bankruptcy
- PG&E hosts open houses to discuss Wildfire Safety Program
- PG&E near finalizing $13.5 billion agreement with wildfire victims