BUTTE COUNTY, Calif. - The Butte County Sheriff's Special Enforcement Unit served a search warrant across multiple connected properties located on Pritchett Drive, in Berry Creek.
Upon service of the search warrant, Deputies encountered multiple suspects who ran off into a surrounded wooded area. Two suspects were arrested by deputies, and two additional suspects were detained at a camp trailer without incident.
Deputies determined the property owner, 69-year-old Alfonso Saise Sr. of Oroville, owned one of the involved parcels and had rented out the marijuana-growing areas.
Six different large plots of growing marijuana were found, each plot included a large amount of marijuana growing in several greenhouses. During the search of the property, an unloaded shotgun was discovered.
Overall, deputies eradicated 4,141 marijuana plants from the growth sites.
- A warrant for Alfonso Saise Sr. will be requested for maintaining a place for narcotic sales, employing an individual under 21 to sell marijuana, illegal cultivation of marijuana, and possession of marijuana for sale.
- 28-year-old Eduardo Mendez, of Marysville, was cited for illegal cultivation of marijuana, and possession of marijuana for sale.
- 19-year-old Hector Dejesus, of Chiapas, Mexico, was arrested for illegal cultivation of marijuana, and possession of marijuana for sale.
- 38-year-old Angel Zuniga, of Michoacán, Mexico, was arrested for illegal cultivation of marijuana, and possession of marijuana for sale. Zuniga was also found to have a felony warrant for his arrest out of San Mateo County, for felony unlawful sexual intercourse with a minor.
On Sept. 4, the Butte County Sheriff's Office Special Enforcement Unit served a search warrant on a property located on the 1700 block of Milsap Bar Road, in Brush Creek.
Deputies located a small plot of marijuana growing near Indian Creek. When they arrived at the property, they located several hundred additional marijuana plants growing in a clandestine area that was hidden under trees.
Authorities discovered the marijuana cultivators were diverting water from Indian Creek to cultivate the marijuana. An unloaded shotgun was also located from the site. No suspects were located and the investigation is ongoing.
In total, 1,334 marijuana plants were eradicated from the location.
- Butte County Sheriff's Office eradicate 5,475 marijuana plants
- 25 arrested, nearly 13,000 marijuana plants removed by Butte County Sheriff's Office
- Siskiyou County Sheriff's Office seize nearly 33,000 illegal marijuana plants
- Butte County Marijuana Grow Laws Being Enforced
- Humboldt County Sheriff's Office seizes 630 pounds of marijuana
- Butte Co. Sheriff's Office Investigating Attempted Kidnappings
- Butte County Peace Officer Memorial
- Butte County Sheriff’s Office arrest man for multiple burglaries
- Update: Butte County Sheriff's office detectives continue homicide investigation
- Butte County Sheriff's Office records unit special hours