Giving Tuesday was a huge success for Shasta and Siskiyou County non-profits, with donors raising more than one million dollars. The Shasta Regional Community Foundation helped organize the event.
Last year they helped raise $75,000 dollars for non-profits in Shasta and Siskiyou Counties. This year's goal was to surpass last years numbers, which they did four hours before the web portal closed.
Chief Executive Officer Kerry Caranci said, "Finally seeing that website refresh and those dollars come in and go after that one million dollar mark... it was so exciting... lots of cheering, lots of celebration. And it was just the best day," she continued.
In addition, a percentage of an $850,000 fund will go to all of the participating nonprofits based on how much money they raised.
- Over 1M raised for Shasta and Siskiyou nonprofits on Giving Tuesday
- Shasta Dam to Raise Over 18 Feet
- Shasta County Arson Suspect Arraigned Tuesday
- Schools in Siskiyou County on Precautionary Lockdown
- UPDATE: Shastina Fire Burning in Siskiyou County
- Wildfire evacuations lifted in Siskiyou County
- Siskiyou County Food Bank Needs Donations
- New App Helps Nonprofits in Redding
- Redding Nonprofit Helps Camp Fire Victims
- First 5 Shasta Gives Grants to Carr Fire Victims