Gudauri, Georgia--At a resort in the former Soviet Republic of Georgia at least ten people were injured when a ski lift sped up and began flinging skiers from the lift.
This amateur video is graphic and may be disturbing to some viewers.
Skiers screamed to those on the lift to jump off before it turned and lift seats violently slammed into each other.
The lift sped up to twice the usual operating speed.
The amateur video taken Friday showed the panic and chaos right after the lift malfunctioned.
The Georgian government sent a helicopter to transport the injured and emergency ski patrols.
Representatives from the owner of the ski lift in Austria have been dispatched to the scene.
- Out of Control Skit Lift Sends People Flying Through Air
- Chico Airport and Air Museum host fly-in
- Highway 299 traffic control lifted after big rig crash
- First ever passenger flying drone
- Gun control debate continues as people mourn tragic Florida massacre
- CHP: Head-on collision sends two people to the hospital
- Forest Ranch Controlled Burn
- California Controller Candidates
- Delta Fire: All Evacuations Lifted
- Oriental Fruit Fly Detected in Redding