OROVILLE, Calif. - The Las Plumas-Oroville Alliance band is making a trip across the country to perform at Carnegie Hall in New York City.
The band performed in 2018 in Seattle and the band instructor, Michael Walker, said they won the top overall band title out of 67 other programs.
When they returned from Seattle, the group learned they were one of 12 bands chosen of 120 to perform on the stage.
"We were just jumping up and down, screaming and throwing confetti," said one student. "It was just an amazing moment."
"To see them grow as the musicians that they've become, to see them harness everything that's inside of them, to be wonderful musicians, to be wonderful people, to see them grow, to see them perform in that hall... that means everything to me," said Walker.
The band's performance at Carnegie Hall is on April 11 and so far they have $50,000 raised of $210,000.
Donations for the band can be dropped off at Las Plumas or Oroville High Schools or can be mailed to:
LPO Band Boosters
PO Box 1455 Oroville, CA
- Oroville schools to perform at Carnegie Hall
- Furlough Fridays end for Oroville City Hall
- Paradise Symphony to perform in Oroville and Paradise
- Las Plumas-Oroville Alliance Band performs at Heritage Music Festival
- K9 Program at Oroville Schools
- Oroville Student Arrested After School Shooting Threat
- Oroville High School Placed on Short Lockdown
- Paradise community chorus holiday performance
- Lightning strikes Oroville home
- Juneteenth Celebrations in Oroville