THERMALITO, Calif. - A motorcyclist was pronounced dead at the scene after crashing his motorcycle into a tree in front of a house.
At approximately 10:58 p.m. on Sept. 12, a 27-year-old man from Oroville was riding a 2006 Suzuki GSXR-1000 southbound on 18th Street just south of Biggs Ave at high speed.
The rider went through a curve in the roadway, up an embankment and then hit a chain-link fence.
The motorcycle then collided with a tree in front of a residence on 18th Street causing it to break into two large sections. The residents of the house came outside after hearing the collision and noticed the rider to be unresponsive.
Emergency personnel arrived on the scene and the motorcyclist was pronounced dead.
It is unknown if alcohol or drugs were a factor in the collision.
- Oroville motorcyclist dead after crashing into tree
- Coroner Identifies Motorcyclist Victim in SR-299 Crash
- CHP: 1 dead, after suspected DUI car crash in Oroville
- One dead from crashing into tree while exiting
- Car Crashes Into Oroville Home
- PG&E Flying Low Near Oroville, Willows to Inspect for Dead Trees
- Crash leads to motorcyclist trapped under vehicle in Chico
- Motorcyclist arrested following chase, crash in Sutter County
- Motorcyclist injured in crash on Highway 70, Highway 149
- Motorcyclist who died in weekend Redding crash identified