OROVILLE, Calif. – A birthday party like no other for one Oroville teenager.
Drastic times call for drastic measures when it comes to your children.
Sophia Ford turned 17 this week and her mom Christina wanted to make sure her daughter wasn’t forgotten since the coronavirus dashed any hopes of a party with friends this year.
So the mom decided a birthday parade would do the trick.
Sophia’s best friend and cousin rounded up her friends and everyone paraded past her house as Sophia watched her moving birthday party from the front porch. Those who attended, honked, had music playing, some made “Happy Birthday Sophia” signs.
The parade only lasted five minutes but for that short time, she forgot about the coronavirus.
How are you and your family staying entertained with the stay-at-home order? Let Action News Now know by submitting your pictures to us. Click Here
- Oroville mom sets up birthday parade for her daughter
- Oroville parade of lights
- Oroville woman celebrates 100th birthday
- Oroville Parade of Lights is Saturday
- Oroville mom shares story after killing intruder
- Birthday parade held for 7-year-old boy in Orland
- 24th Annual Holiday Parade of Lights returns to Oroville
- Oroville Dad: My Daughter Doesn't Feel Safe at School
- Oroville Train Trestle set to get Repairs
- QUIZ: January Birthday Trivia