OROVILLE, Calif. – A report came in to the Oroville Police Department early Saturday morning from the owner of the Feather River Cinemas saying a person was seen on camera inside of the movie theater taking money from the office.
Officers were already responding to the 2600 block of Feather River Boulevard, the location of the theater, because of reports of suspicious subjects seen in the area.
When officers arrived they said they found 27-year-old Oroville resident Kory Ray McDonald inside of the theatre. They said he was taken into custody while attempted to leave the cinema.
According to police McDonald had more than $3,000 on him, along with food and tools they believe he took from inside of the theater. They also said he had several burglary tools and drug paraphernalia in his possession.
McDonald was arrested and booked on charges of possession of burglary tools and possession of drug paraphernalia. He is being held at the Butte County Jail with a bail set at $54,000.
The investigation is continuing and police are requesting that anyone with information regarding the case call the Oroville Police Department at (530) 538-2448.
- Oroville cinema burglar caught in the act
- Teenage burglars caught on Christmas Eve
- Woman caught burglarizing, possessing explosives, accomplice at large: SCSO
- Alleged ATM Burglars Caught in Redding, 1 Suspect Outstanding
- 7-Eleven in Oroville robbed, suspect caught just 1 hour later
- Wanted felon caught breaking into Tractor Supply in Oroville
- UPDATE: Drug Arrest Caught on Camera in Oroville
- 8,000 Batteries Caught Fire on Porch of Oroville Home
- CAUGHT ON CAMERA: Small Oroville business hit by grab & run thefts
- Santa Barbara County marijuana farm burglarized