UPDATE: The Walmart Supercenter in Oroville was evacuated for a short time Monday afternoon, before customers were allowed back in to continue their Christmas shopping.
The store aisles were empty Monday afternoon, as the customers waited outside in the parking lot.
We talked to a dispatcher from the Oroville Fire and Police Departments a little after 1:00 p.m. Monday, and they said it was a public safety issue, and said the water pressure in the Walmart store was being checked.
Walmart would not talk about the incident with our reporter, but customer Keith Bucher did. He said, "Sirens started going off and everybody poured out. They just evacuated, and everybody stood outside for half an hour until they got the 'all clear' to go back in."
By about 2:00 p.m. customers were allowed back in to shop.
UPDATE 2:45 pm - Customers are shopping in the Oroville Walmart Supercenter again, after being closed for a little less than an hour on Monday afternoon. Our reporter spoke to a customer that was leaving the store at the time the evacuation was announced. Watch our NBC station, Channel 24, at 4pm to hear the interview.
The Walmart Supercenter in Oroville was closed for a short time this afternoon, when all the customers were evacuated.
The store is located on Oak Cal Road.
Action News Now was told by an Oroville public safety dispatcher that the water pressure was being checked. They could not confirm what time the evacuation occurred.
Our reporter said at 2:10 p.m. the parking lot was full and the store was letting in customers again.
We will have more on this story on "First at Four" with Debbie Cobb, on NBC, Channel 24.
- Oroville Walmart was evacuated, but customers now back inside shopping
- Anderson Walmart Evacuated Following Bomb Threat
- 2 arrested stemming from shoplifting at Oroville Walmart
- Oroville murder suspect back in court
- ‘IHOB’ Changes Back to ‘IHOP,’ Offers Pancakes to Customers
- Klamathon Fire Forces Evacuations
- Alaska: The Inside Passage
- Walmart surges heading into holidays
- Lightning strikes Oroville home
- Juneteenth Celebrations in Oroville