Deputies continue their search for a man who led them on a 16 mile chase across Butte County, a chase that ended with a deputy crashing a patrol car.
It started around nine Thursday night when deputies spotted Lawrence Lucero driving on Wyandotte Avenue in Oroville.
Lucero had reportedly sped away 21 hours earlier after being pulled over by deputies.
Then, in Thursday night's encounter he sped off again, leading deputies on a chase from Oroville, down highway 70, and across to Gridley.
After losing sight of Lucero’s car on Larkin Road, one deputy lost control and slid off the roadway.
The patrol car was damaged but the deputy was not injured.
Lucero's car was found nearby but he was gone.
He remains on the loose.
- Oroville Police chase: man still missing
- Deputies Still Searching for Missing Oroville Man
- Missing Inmate Captured in Oroville
- Eight Year Sentence for Man Who Led Oroville Police on High-Speed Chase
- Oroville Police arrest man after foot pursuit
- BCSO needs your help finding a missing Oroville man
- Oroville police capture murder suspect
- Oroville Police Seize Illegal Weapons
- Popular Online Oroville Ranch Dog is Missing
- Missing 12-Year-Old Found Safe in Oroville