OROVILLE, Calif. - Deputies are still searching for a woman who attempted to kidnap children from their front yard in Oroville on Wednesday.
The attempted kidnapping happened on Wednesday in the 300 block of Knob Hill Avenue in Oroville. The suspect is described as being blonde with blue eyes and possibly in her 40s.
Deputies say the woman pulled up in a black Toyota Tacoma alongside kids playing in their front yard. She offered them candy and donuts and also asked them to get in her truck, according to reports.
A neighbor standing nearby was able to scare off the woman and the kids were unharmed.
The mother of the children spoke with Action News Now about the ordeal.
"My daughter pretty much knows this stuff can happen and my on that it did happen to is more alert now," said Angela Echevarria, the mother of the children involved. "He knows not to talk to anyone he doesn't know."
Anyone with information is asked to call the Butte County Sheriff's Office at (530) 538-7321.
- Oroville Mother Speaks Out About Attempted Kidnapping at Home
- Attempted Kidnapping Victim Speaks
- Redding Man Sentenced for Attempted Murder, Kidnapping
- Butte Co. Sheriff's Office Investigating Attempted Kidnappings
- Lightning strikes Oroville home
- Man Arrested in Oroville Attempted Bank Robbery
- Oroville CHP Arrests Mother for DUI
- Oroville Mayoral Candidate Speaks About Troubled Past
- Oroville Speaks on Camp Fire Debris Site
- Chico man arrested for felony domestic violence and attempted kidnapping