CHICO, Calif. – Butte County Sheriff's Office Deputy chased down and arrested a man after jumping from a moving vehicle in Oroville.
The suspect was seen speeding over 85 mph through stop signs in a green Mazda Sedan on the wrong side of the road in Oroville, deputies said.
According to BCSO Deputies, the incident happened at 8:20 a.m. yesterday morning when the driver refused to break during a traffic stop in Foothill Blvd.
Authorities later identified the individual as 36-year-old Brian Felix of Magalia.
Before Felix began fleeing from his moving vehicle, the Mazda Sedan was later noticed near Yard Street. Felix then circled from Table Mountain Blvd to westbound on Nelson Avenue.
Felix proceeded to run southbound after jumping from the vehicle. However, the vehicle collided shortly after into a tree near Nelson Avenue.
Meth, drug paraphernalia, and over a pound of marijuana was collected inside the vehicle.
Felix was taken into custody near Nelson Avenue. He currently has an outstanding warrant with BCSO, deputies said.
Felix was booked into Butte County Jail for dodging a police officer with disregard for public safety, his warrant, possession of drug paraphernalia, and possession of a controlled substance.
- Oroville man arrested after jumping from moving vehicle
- Oroville City Council Meeting moved
- Oroville shooting suspects arrested
- Oroville missing person arrested
- CHP: Oroville parolee and wife arrested for stealing vehicles
- Oroville Police arrest man after foot pursuit
- Man Arrested in Oroville Attempted Bank Robbery
- Oroville Police arrest man for narcotic sales
- Oroville Man Arrested for Ex-Wife's Murder
- Suspect Arrested in Oroville Shooting