OROVILLE, Calif. - An Oroville man was sentenced Wednesday for crimes in two counties.
Forty-three-year-old Shawn Cahill fled from a California Highway Patrol officer in April of 2017 after he badly beat his girlfriend.
The girlfriend told officers Cahill had abused her many times in the past.
Two days later Cahill was captured in Pismo Beach after erratically driving an ATV and then fleeing on foot.
Cahill entered a no-contest plea for his offenses in Pismo Beach and pleaded guilty to his Butte County charges.
He was sentenced to 11 years and eight months in Prison.
- Oroville Man Accused of Committing Crime in 2 Counties Sentenced
- Oroville man sentenced to 14 years for child porn
- Oroville Business Owner Sentenced for Sexual Assault
- All, but one Oroville Dam Spillway looting suspect sentenced
- Eight Year Sentence for Man Who Led Oroville Police on High-Speed Chase
- Oroville Police arrest man after foot pursuit
- Oroville Police chase: man still missing
- Oroville teen: man tried to expose himself
- Oroville Man Receives Heart Transplant from Firefighter
- Oroville Man Arrested for Ex-Wife's Murder