Photo Gallery 3 Images
OROVILLE, Calif. - The Oroville Hospital is undergoing a major expansion project that will double its size.
Several days ago, the hospital sold $200 million in bonds in less than 30 minutes to fund the expansion.
After an hour and a half, the hospital continued to receive orders topping $1,035,000,000 to major investors such as Goldman Sachs and Franklin Fund.
The multi-million dollar expansion will double the size of the hospital, going from 133 beds to 211 beds.
"We were so impressed with how they looked at our risk, this is good for everybody, Oroville Hospital is good for Oroville," said Robert Wentz, CEO of Oroville Hospital. "It tells people that they have confidence in us and they see a future in our community."
The demolition phase already started and the hospital will start breaking ground in April.
The expansion is expected to be finished in April of 2022.
Rendered photos courtesy of Oroville Hospital.
- Oroville Hospital undergoes major expansion project
- Chico Nissan Hyundai Undergoing Major Renovations
- Jail Bed Expansion Project Approved in Redding
- Shasta County Jail Expansion Project Complete
- Lake Oroville Still a Major Holiday Destination
- Oroville PG&E Toxic Clean-up Project
- Oroville Dam Spillway Project Meets November Deadline
- New speed limit enforced to protect I-5 expansion project workers
- Build.com Continues Chico Expansion
- Oroville Accident Sends Woman to Hospital