Last night, Oroville CHP arrested a woman for endangering her three young children and causing serious injury while driving under the influence.
Around 11 p.m. Wednesday 25 year old Ziauna Bloyer from Modesto was driving northbound on SR-70 north of Garden Drive with her children ages 1, 4, and 7 in the car . She was so intoxicated that she swerved her car to the right and back to the left, causing her vehicle to collide with the concrete median wall. The impact caused her car to flip and land on its roof. Firefighters from Menlo Park, who had been assisting with the Camp Fire, arrived on scene and were able to administer aid until emergency personnel arrived.
Bloyer, her three children, and their father were transported to Enloe Hospital for precautionary measures, and visible injuries. Two of the three children in the vehicle were either not using required child safety seats, or not properly restrained. Bloyer was admitted into Enloe hospital due to her injuries and her children were released to their father's care.
A DUI investigation was conducted on Bloyer. She was then arrested for Felony DUI causing great bodily injury, and Felony child endangerment.
This arrest was made under CHP'S maximum statewide enforcement period, which began Wednesday night at 6 p.m. and will continue until midnight Sunday. This campaign focuses on DUI and road safety. During last year's Thanksgiving weekend CHP made over 1,000 arrests.
- Oroville CHP Arrests Mother for DUI
- Oroville CHP: "13 DUI Arrests in 15 Days is Average"
- CHP: 1 dead, after suspected DUI car crash in Oroville
- CHP: Oroville parolee and wife arrested for stealing vehicles
- Oroville CHP delivers toys to kids
- CHP Oroville Distributes Free Tri Tip Dinners
- CHP: Chico man dead after suspected DUI motorcycle crash
- CHP: DUI hit-and-run driver arrested after head-on crash at Oro Bangor Hwy
- CHP Oroville investigating fatal hit-and-run, 1 man dead
- Oroville shooting suspects arrested