OROVILLE, Calif. - The Oroville branch of the American Association of University Women (AAUW) will host an International Dinner from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. on Sunday, Jan. 19 at the First Congregational Church, corner of Bird and Oak streets.
Guest speaker, Nahid Chopan will be in attendance to share what it was like “Growing Up in Afghanistan: Its Culture, History, and Food.”
Membership in AAUW is open to individuals who hold an associate’s or equivalent, a bachelor’s, or a higher degree from a regionally accredited college or university.
The Oroville branch focuses on providing educational experiences for middle school girls.
The public is invited to attend, with a cost of $20 per person. Those looking to attend, or learn more, must RSVP by Jan. 16 to Merrily Stover at email@example.com or 533-1413.
- Oroville AAUW to host international dinner
- Oroville AAUW Plans Benefit Garden Party
- AAUW Oroville branch luncheon will feature special guest
- AAUW to honor Chico Women of Distinction
- Oroville Fraternal Order of Eagles host annual Christmas Dinner
- Oroville Rescue Mission to host Christmas Eve community dinner
- Quota International of Oroville Hosts Benefits for Cancer Victims
- CHP Oroville Distributes Free Tri Tip Dinners
- Appraisal Faire in Chico to benefit AAUW's Tech Trek
- AAUW Women's History Month Tea benefits Tech Trek students