ORLAND, Calif. - Police in Orland are looking for help from citizens that may have witnessed two incidents that occurred on Monday, Dec. 30, 2019. The incidents may be related. They involve gunshots and road rage.
Monday afternoon at 3:47 p.m. Orland police responded to a report about multiple shots that had been fired at East Street near Bonnie Lane. Police said witnesses described a Hispanic male driving an older white Chevy truck who fired 4-5 shots from a handgun before taking off eastbound on Bonnie Lane. The vehicle was last seen heading northbound on Papst Avenue.
Police joined with deputies from the Glenn County Sheriff's Office to search the northeast reaches of Orland, but the suspect and vehicle were not located. No one has come forward or been identified as a victim of the shooting.
The investigation revealed a report that a blue truck may have been involved in a road rage incident with the white Chevy truck just prior to the shooting. Multiple .40 caliber shell casings were recovered at the scene.
Police said the blue truck of interest in the road rage incident may have been towing a flat trailer with olive bins.
The Orland police are requesting help from citizens in their investigation. Tips can be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Police said you can tip anonymously by calling their Tip Line at (530) 934-6627.
- Orland police investigating gunshots and road rage
- Orland police chief announces retirement
- Orland welcomes new police chief
- French Police: Gunshots in Strasbourg, France
- Orland Medication Disposal
- Orland students' food insecurity
- Orland Police Department selling K-9 featured coins
- Orland CVS Robbery Suspects Identified
- Orland High School Car Fundraiser
- Orland cafe's construction hold-up